[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck U2. Somehow they're the most successful touring band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bono.jpg (391KB, 1417x1779px) Image search: [Google]
bono.jpg
391KB, 1417x1779px
Fuck U2. Somehow they're the most successful touring band of all time despite not having any hits or truly acclaimed work or really any evidence of people genuinely liking them (I've never met a single U2 fan in my life).
>>
big in brazil
>>
>>71413486
reposting isnt cool
but i do agree i never understood the U2 appeal
i remember being very young and asking my parents why U2 was so big they sucked. and the thing is they arent THAT bad i personally dont like them but i dont hate anyone who does but ive also never met anyone who does.
maybe its a conspiracy
>>
>>71413486
My parents and aunts and uncles were big fans, if you haven't check out boy, war, the unforgettable fire
>>
>>71413486
u2 sux big balz :DDDDDD
>>
i only like sunday bloody sunday.

only good song out of 10+ albums and nearly 40 years of existence.
>>
>>71413486
>not having any hits
>>
>not having any hits

"With or Without You #1 in USA (1987)
"I Still Haven't Found..." #1 USA (1987)
"Desire" #3 USA (1988)
"Mysterious Ways" #9 USA (1991)
"One" #10 USA (1992)
"Discotheque" #10 USA (1997)

>or truly acclaimed work
22 Grammys
5 NME Awards
(countless others)

>or really any evidence of people genuinely >liking them
"U2 record ticket sales—1.1 million tickets in 24 hours"
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/u2-expands-joshua-tree-tour.html

You gotta get out of the house more.

Don't come back until you do.
>>
>>71413486
They get a lot of hate for Bono alone really. They haven't produced what one might call "good" music in the last twenty five years save a few throwaway pop-rock catchy riffs e.g. vertigo, but they have earned their place among the greats in my opinion. I mean, them being the biggest touring band of all time doesn't really mean much. they go out of their way to put on a huge show and have always been obsessed with being the biggest band in the world, but not the best. They released mostly decent albums throughout the 80's and crafted their sound to a peak with The Joshua Tree. Where the streets have no name may be the greatest opener of all time and other classics such as Still haven't found and with or without you cemented the album as a modern classic of the time and U2 as the biggest band in the world. My only real admiration of U2 comes in the transition they made between the josh tree/ rattle and hum era and the Achtung Baby era. For a band as big as them to completely abandon their earnestness and integrity which they worked so hard to push for the previous ten years, and manage to pull it off with the mammoth that was the zoo tv tour was nothing short of incredible. So on that basis I can at least see why they were liked at some point.
>>
>>71413944
Zooropa was 24 years ago though
>>
>>71414767
and it's as shit now as it was then
>>
>>71413944
October was pretty shit but aside from that this is pretty much right
>>
>>71413486
theyre pretty good imo but i wont go out of my way to listen to them
>>
>>71415049
Nigga it's the logical continuation of Achtung Baby
>>
>>71413486
Well fuck u too op
>>
My Irish parents really like them.
>>
>>71413486
not this thread again
did bono beat the shit out of you anon
>>
Daily reminder hating U2 is a meme and you should feel bad about shitposting about it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.