[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I losing interest in music or the music coming out this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 48384342086.jpg (676KB, 2639x1863px) Image search: [Google]
48384342086.jpg
676KB, 2639x1863px
Am I losing interest in music or the music coming out this year so far is mediocre as fuck and you're all hyping average albums?
>>
>>71412201
We're only 3 months in, you meme. Also, who listens to hyped albums and actually expects them to live up to it? Idiots. That's who.
>>
>>71412201
2017 is a pretty bad year for music so far
>>
>>71412201
I haven't listened to a new album in about 10 months. Haven't listened to any of my old albums in about 4 months. As you get older you'll eventually lose interest in music. It's part of growing up.
>>
>>71412253
>this is true for me, therefore it's true of everyone
Fuck off, grandpa.
>>
>>71412201
find some older stuff
>>
>>71412320
>I'm literally in high school
>everybody in history has been wrong about everything
Trust me, it'll surprise you when it happens and you'll think back on how stupid you were now to think it wouldn't.
>>
>>71412577
how'd you explain artists who stayed passionate about music until the day they died then
>>
>>71412577
>someone challenges my opinion
>immediately insult them by questioning their age

Discarded
>>
>>71412201
There's a lot of answers to your question. First of all, you're collecting muh albums like baseball cards or something. Also, the music you're consuming is the result of this idea of collecting albums like baseball cards compounding on itself for ~50 years.

As you age, your brain requires heavier and heavier rushes of dopamine to get you "there", so things that were flashy and cool when you were 15 don't seem so vibrant.

So what's this mean? It means your a grown man with a child's understanding of music. My prognosis is to rid your mind of the idea of "absolute" music. This has never existed. It never will exist. Only then will you have a benchmark for music that things can actually exceed, and then you'll enjoy things again.
>>
>>71412779
So basically listen to garbage and spout "muh context" at every given opportunity. Gotcha.
>>
>>71412682
There aren't any. It's a fucking job you donut. Most roofers aren't "passionate" about roofing when they're 45 and their knees and ankles are shot, they do it because they're already locked into the skill set. Once you pick a career you tend to do it until the day you die because dying in the street isn't an alternative.

>>71412718
>I didn't literally start off posting in this thread by saying "Fuck off, grandpa." and doing the exact same thing I'm projecting onto you
Guess how I know you're in high school?
>>
>>71412961

Fine. Just reject everything and grow old and bitter and wonder why when I JUST told you. Fucking p4k faggot.
>>
Three different things depending on what's up with you.

Listen to more dense yet also more engaging music that really requires your attention. Classical, jazz, experimental electronic stuff, etc. Even the more complex end of popular music like Beatles' harmonic progressions or the crazy melodies of virtuoso like Steve Vai pale in comparison to this stuff. This helps when going through a usual observant listen through music just doesn't feel that engaging.

Listen to music that's very visceral, loud, and cathartic. Metal, hip hop, dance music, industrial, noise, etc. Maybe it's because this visceral quality is something lacking in the music you listen to, or maybe you have some kind of depression or bitterness happening. This stuff is all the most in your face stuff in music, and may just end up hitting you as a listener when other stuff doesn't.

Branch out musically in general. There's a general more "indie" bias here, and while that's not a bad genre of music or anything, a lot of newer music for the past few years has had its freshest releases in the realms of metal, hip hop, and electronic music. Genres that at least on here don't get enough love outside a couple memey releases and usually confined to their generals. In terms of critics, only the hip hop stuff gets some attention.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.