[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Foals? I love antidotes and think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What do you guys think of Foals? I love antidotes and think it's (besides q and not u) the pinnacle of dance punk in 2000s. I used to kinda like their second album but now i can't listen to it without hearing the common cliches of Indie pop in it. Respect their musicianship In it tho. Their third album, was a snoozefest and 4th had a few really good tracks to say it briefly.
>>
>>71398856
This album is fantastic. One of the best math rock records ever and also incredibly danceable
>>
>>71398856
listening to heavy water rn. good track.
>>
It's baffling that their discography is declining quality-wise chronologically.
>>
would any of u good chaps happen to have an aac of this album? i fly balloons on a fuel called love but i lost my balloons :(
>>
>>71398986
antidotes is a pretty tough act to follow i guess, even when you wrote it yourself
>>
>>71398986
It's even more baffling that their reviews keep going up chronologicaly. Pretty sure this album got mixed reviews (the pitchfork one is especially stupid). I wonder if the mixed reviews discouraged them from experimenting as much & consequently, they started taking fewer risks. This album is incredible though!
>>
>>71398856
Bevan's drumming is awful and tame nowadays, it was pretty creative and fun here. It's a fun and nostalgic album, like a 6-7 for me. But it's very dear to some older times.
>>
I thought I was the only one but I'm relieved to hear that others agree in this thread. Love Antidotes to death and still revisit it regularly, but cannot get into anything after it. At all.
>>
>>71398856
I like some songs off each album but Holy Fire is my favorite to be honest desu. Maybe because of the memories attached to it idk
>>
>>71398992
so no ones gonna toss this poor lad a link
>>
>>71398856
I prefer Total Life Forever a bit more but both of these are great, probably the most interesting band to come out of that mid 2000s UK post-punk and garage revivalism. Holy Fire and What Went Down have some decent tracks too but the way they managed to combine grooves and atmospherics in TLF is pretty impresive.
>>
Antidotes is my jam

a few decent tracks on the following albums but they got worse with each release
>>
their first two albums are great.
>>
>>71398856
total life forever is somewhat enjoyable all their other stuff is shit
>>
I like the first two albums, particularly Total Life Forever. The other two are pretty crap, really bland stadium rock that only got made so they can headline Reading and Leeds.
>>
Anybody wamma recommend me music like this other than stuff I've heard( bloc party two door.cinema club, VW)
>>
>>71402195
Say Yes Dog

small band from luxemburg I think but catchy af
>>
I'm quite a big Foals fan. I love Total Life Forever. It's one of my favourite albums. I really like Antidotes too. What Went Down is quite good, and Holy Fire is a bit hit and miss.
>>
Love this album, one of my favorites. Although I can't stand their later stuff
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.