[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Popular music right now is in a very similar situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: David Grohl.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
David Grohl.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
"Popular music right now is in a very similar situation to 1989-91 right before Nirvana broke. The charts back then were just a lot of novelty and dance pop acts, but nothing that actually spoke to how the kids were feeling. I'm confident that music will get better. It's happened before and it can happen again."
>>
>>71393343
people's attention spans are too short to have a groundbreaking band change the world again.
>>
>>71393343
Yep it'll change and I'll be the catalyst. Screenshot this.
>>
>>71393343
It will happen again, with Commander Grohl at the helm. That's right kids, rock is making its comeback in a BIG way
>>
this entire thread is so cringe
>>
>>71393371
this

the only reason kurt's known as the "last rock star" is because he ded right before the internet was a huge thing
>>
>>71393399
dub dubs confirm
>>
>>71393426
Your name doesn't help.
>>
>>71393343

kids were exposed to new music through mtv and radio in 1989-91.

kids are now exposed to new music through youtube, radio, spotify,rym, video games, torrents. kids today have the choice of what they want to hear. it was forced down your throat in late 80s/early 90s and most kids listened to whatever other kids were listening to or were at least aware of what other kids were listening too. i can guarantee that if you picked 10 random 16 yr old kids and asked each one for their top 10 bands, there would be extremely little overlap. where that wouldn't be the case at all in 1989. there will never be another huge band or act again that every age group has heard at least one song by, like you did through the 60s to the 90s.
>>
>>71393426
>leaves his subject on from his numale board
>calls le rockists cringe
This just proves that all the passive aggressive numales on this board are faggots who browse /fa/.
>>
>>71393399
include me in the screencap
>>
>>71393593
Kids don't listen to radio anymore, grandpa
>>
>nothing spoke to how the kids were feeling
>then my band that made songs about killing ourselves came along and changed everything
>>
>>71393343
holy shit what a self important prick.
>>
>>71393343
>nothing that actually spoke to how the kids were feeling
>yeah i was just there hitting cans and kurt told us what to play, when and how
>but i was part of it!

this faggot.
>>
>>71393343
Dude rock lmao
>>
>>71395631
>then one of our dudes ACTUALLY killed himself, shit was cash as fuck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.