[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1453- the-month-in-metal-adapt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: globalists beware.jpg (29KB, 843x433px) Image search: [Google]
globalists beware.jpg
29KB, 843x433px
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1453-the-month-in-metal-adapt-or-diebut-dont-defy-tradition-too-much/

>Welcome to Pitchfork’s new monthly metal column, where we’ll guide you through the genre’s new music and various happenings with an eye towards a specific theme.

why do Brooklyn hipster faggots think they know anything about metal?
>>
>>71376934
>doesnt include any selections from article bc either likes or didn't read
Kek
>>
File: super male vitality.jpg (99KB, 800x347px) Image search: [Google]
super male vitality.jpg
99KB, 800x347px
>>71376949
I think p4k is mad because there is a genre they have 0 influence over
>>
http://archive.is/NhWLH#selection-3141.0-3141.4

>starts with some kinda prog stoner Mastodon/Pallbearer ripoff band
>then talks about a band that's indie pop shit but with some heavy sound drones
>then some shit about "you gotta innovate but not too much"
>some same-old-shit stuff like Foreseen, Gruesome, and The Mist
>Goddamn Power Trip
>Advertising Judas Priest's Turbo...
>MOTHERFUCKING TURBO, ONE OF THEIR WORST ALBUMS LMAO
>Just because it got released anniversary edition
>Then ends with a barely doom mostly goth rock band, and some Mayhem book

Holy shit, how can someone know less about the genre than the other already awful metal publications out there? May read up on this in archive just because at this point it's at least bad enough to be entertaining shitshow levels.
>>
I love how they've gone full circle and are pretending metal is cool again to just be contrarians
>>
File: DawnOfTheBlackHearts.jpg (232KB, 1116x1108px) Image search: [Google]
DawnOfTheBlackHearts.jpg
232KB, 1116x1108px
>>71377192
Metal is a genre that is out of their control and they have no influence or power over because it exists in the 10th dimension where it enjoys not being mainstream and does not care about critical praise

They can not destroy it like they did to rock music, because metal is like an underground cult who hates the mainstream and hipster faggots
>>
>>71377315
this is something a hipster would say
>>
>>71377147
turbo is good though
>>
>>71377665
Its true though, metal is completely ignored by the mainstream its never honored at award ceremonies, pop music is rarely ever metal because its scared of screaming and loud noises.
Metal has developed this cult culture that exists outside the normiesphere and completely ignores hipster faggotry like p4k.
P4k has zero knowledge of metal and has zero control over the genre, p4k only controls rap and pop, they used to control rock but decided to destroy it and help niggerfy music even more.
>>
metal fans are the biggest fucking hipster cunts in all of music
>>
>>71377710
all hipsters think their favorite shitty subgenre exists outside the mainstream, its all the same shit
>>
>>71377695
It has one maybe two good tracks.
>>
File: butchered.jpg (160KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
butchered.jpg
160KB, 500x500px
>>71377734
Metal really does though.
Album covers filled with blood and guts and destruction, filled with music thats like 2 minuets longs and nothing but death screams.
Metal is inherently everything opposite of the mainstream
>>
>>71377774
t. pleb
>>
>>71377805
t. P4K shill
>>
>>71377813
IVE LIKED TURBO FOR YEARS YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>>
I really thought the word hipster kind of lost all semblance of meaning a while ago due to how it was used for literally everything slightly different from the user for a while, but its actually a very fitting term for the average metal fan.
>>
>>71377829
Oh so you're one of those fat fucks from the 80s who still unironically likes glam.
>>
>>71376934

So pretty much Metal Sucks
>>
>>71377840
Wasn't even born in the 80s. Guess you're one of those fat greasy fucks who can only listen to another fat greasy fuck growl into a microphone. How pathetic.
>>
>>71377781
horror movies are very popular.
Its just different aesthetics and a different set of cunts arguing over whats "authentic". some just wear t-shirts with spooky skulls on them instead of whatever pitchfork cunts wear
>>
You do realize people can do research and know whatever the fuck they want?
>>
File: Peter Steele.jpg (36KB, 299x410px) Image search: [Google]
Peter Steele.jpg
36KB, 299x410px
>>71377857
>Wasn't even born in the 80s.
No shit, idiot. You would probably be born in the 70s in order to be old enough to enjoy shitty glam stuff.

>Guess you're one of those fat greasy fucks who can only listen to another fat greasy fuck growl into a microphone. How pathetic.
>implying I don't like metal without growled vocals
>implying pic related is a fat greasy fuck
LMAO, imagine being this much of a loser that you can't even figure out what you're talking about.

>horror movies are very popular.
What? When's the last time there was a B-movie tier horror movie that was popular outside SAW? And what was people's reactions to it?

That being said I am not that other guy, but I still believe that metal will always to some extent exist outside the mainstream, or at least the more extreme side of it. It's the most initially exhausting kind of music, where most of it can totally go over a listener's head. Forms of music like classical/jazz/prog/art rock balance their constant change in structure with delicate, not that intrusive sounds (even something like Brotzmann's Machine Gun is still made up of delicate sounds as abrasive as they are.) Forms of music like punk or hip hop balance their hard, visceral sounds with very little if any change at all structurally. Metal on the other hand, has a change in its structure on the level of the earlier with the hard visceral sound of the latter. This is why it's something harder to get into/understand the more chaotic end of things in metal than even something like Trout Mask Replica or the Power Electronics genre, which can also on a surface level offer some kind of "whoa so weird!" that metal can't because its focus is on something more hard hitting and visceral.
>>
>>71377866
ugh my bad I forgot to include you here>>71378400
>>
>>71376934
is that a young alex jones
why did he become fat
>>
>>71378435
globalists put fat in the drinking water
>>
I approve of these posters:

>>71376934
>>71376998
>>71377315
>>71377710
>>71377781
>>71378400

The rest can FUCK OFF and DIE
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.