[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/mu/ says this is good >listen >it's literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: confield.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
confield.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>/mu/ says this is good
>listen
>it's literally just the sounds of metal bowls farting at me
fuck you /mu/
>>
and this, children, is how you can tell when someone never even listened to the whole album and just stopped at the first track.
>>
>>71354242
I haven't listened to Autechre. But what OP said about the Tibetan Singing bowls and knowing this is IDM gets me exited to listen. What emotions do Confield bring? I just want to know before I decide to listen
>>
>>71354304
confield isn't a good entry point to autechre, i'd try out LP5 first. confield is a fairly cold album, with emotion that fizzles away just as quickly as it bubbled up. the album focuses heavily on sound design and sample manipulation, and is pretty sparse.
>>
>>71354349
Right on man, I'll add LP5 to my "to listen" list. I've slept on Autechre way too long I'm sure. I like breakbeat stuff like Prodigy and early Venetian Snares, and I'm not the biggest Aphex Twin fan. I'm definitely teying to expand my taste in the genre but my favorite artists of that time and "Warp" style is Porter Ricks.
>>
>>71354449
I think Actress, Vladislav Delay, and Basic Channel might be more up your alley than Ae
>>
>2017
>not liking the sounds of metal bowls farting at you
>being this pleb
>>
>>71354449
if you really like breakbeat stuff, in addition to LP5 and Confield, add these autechre releases to your list:
>Anti EP
>Chiastic Slide
>Cichlisuite
>EP7
>Draft 7.30

from there, just listen to all of their shit. they are good.
>>
File: new autechre.png (412KB, 462x479px) Image search: [Google]
new autechre.png
412KB, 462x479px
ae thread?
>>
>>71354487
>>71354532
Thanks guys! I remember listening to Actress a couple years back and thought it was decent. I will need to go back and visit. Also thank you Autechre guy for the knoledge and reccs

What are you're guys' thoughts on the artist BT?

I never see him posted on here but fuck, his stuff (specifically This Binary Universe) is like the Holy Grail of IDM so far into my listening experiences.
>>
>>71354449
I wouldn't compare Autechre to a lot of breakbeat or even a lot of Aphex Twin's music honestly. If you've listened to the Vsnares album Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding that's about as close as you can get I think. I definitely agree that LP5 is a good starting point though, it's got a little bit of everything they do on it (weird sound design/manipulation, beautiful synth melodies, crazy sound evolution over the course of a track, etc). From there you can kind of choose where you want to go.

Their stuff before LP5 is mostly a little more ambient and a little more focused on your usual 90's IDM/ambient techno stuff (not that it's not insanely good). Their stuff afterwards is fucking batshit crazy but imo some of the best electronic music ever made (Confield > Draft 7.30 > Untilted is definitely one of the best 3-album streaks EVER).

Go into Confield with an open mind and really focus on what you're hearing. I tend to use music as background for studying or travel or stuff usually but Confield was the first album I had listened to in a while where I had to actually sit down and process it. There's so much going on and constantly changing and evolving and so many melodies and rhythms that reveal themselves over time in tracks that at first just sound like bullshit noise. It's pretty goddamn special.
>>
>>71354220
>getting non-living objects like metal bowls to fart
>not the most amazing thing to ever happen
Not even god himself can work outside the realms of logic in the physical dimension like Autechre have by being able to make metal bowls fart.
>>
If you think Confield is weird you aint heard nothing yet bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prCNa4H9pAA
>>
>>71354682
Thanks man, I'll check out Confield after LP5. I love albums that unfold in time and multiple listenslokw youndescribed Confield.
>>
File: 534.jpg (15KB, 368x137px) Image search: [Google]
534.jpg
15KB, 368x137px
BRAAAAAAAAP
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.