[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what exactly does a producer do? they're not writing the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1488303153010.jpg (52KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488303153010.jpg
52KB, 576x1024px
what exactly does a producer do?

they're not writing the music or lyrics so...
>>
>>71344347
Producers write music

What are you talkin boot

They also are sound designers
>>
>>71344347
who dis qt?
>>
>>71344365
my gf
>>
File: 1459768111214.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459768111214.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>71344347
They fix shitty artists' bad performances and make poorly written songs sound as good as they possibly can. So....
>>
>>71344381
i want to cuddle your gf
>>
"producer" can mean a lot of stuff. mixing, effect treatments, funding, bringing the artist(s) a coffee, etc. basically they get work done behind the scenes.
>>
I want to "fuck" your gf
>>
>>71344408
That's a mixer, anon.

Producers add and arrange content. Mixers fix content.
>>
>>71344501
>Producers add and arrange content.
but what purpose does a producer serve for a band like Radiohead

that's what I don't understand
>>
>>71344523
They're like a film director, overseeing the proceedings and directing takes.
>>
>>71344585
sounds like you're reaching pretty hard there

can I get a take from someone who isn't a complete retard?
>>
>>71344601

Well he's not wrong, producer can mean a bunch of things. But basically a he is the person who oversees a project, being a producer means you need a great amount of knowledge and experience as an engineer, a musician and in music theory so that you can direct takes and change things that don't work. Producers most of the times are co-writers (if not the only writers, as in most pop music), such as Nigel Godrich for Radiohead. In the case of bands that can actually write good music (which you'd be surprised how much is actually done in the studio with the help of a producer), they throw in ideas to make songs/albums more cohesive.
>>
they mix it you fag
>>
>>71344945
this
>>
>>71344945
I like this.

The way I always seen myself is like a marketing "product".

Producing is taking all the prepared ingredients to make a final meal.
>>
ITT: retards
>>
>>71346229
Thank you, now can we pretend previous replies didn't happen and restart the thread?
>>
>>71346252
yeah whaddya want to talk about
>>
>>71346223
>>71346223
idk but this is kinda fire. why'd you delete it.
>>
>>71344501
>implying a lot of producers don't do both
Were you dropped on your head?
>>
>>71344347
they produce the music
>>
>>71344347
yeah why does people even pay them such a stupid thing lol like nigga record your own album in your basement baka
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.