[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it was a debut album by a new artist you wouldn't treat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0243.jpg (136KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
136KB, 620x620px
If it was a debut album by a new artist you wouldn't treat it the way you do, you ungrateful miserable basement non-leaving fucks. Seriously, go out and have some fun and good memories for fuck's sake. This album is made exactly for that. All of you make me sick.
>>
ironically the people who like this album are basement dwellers
>>
File: IMG_2664.jpg (115KB, 750x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2664.jpg
115KB, 750x704px
W e w.
>>
>>71344019
This album made me want to get out more. I biked to it quite a bit last summer.
>>
>>71343361
If it was a debut by someone else It would still be shit, the only difference is it would be forgotten in a week. The only reason it gets so much hate is because people like you keep posting it and pretending it's good just because it's The Avalanches.
>>
Ageeed completely with OP.

People are ungrateful and very quick to shun this album because of fucking Frankie Sinatra.
It's such a triumphantly happy/melancholy vibe that runs through my mind from the first moment "Because I'm Me" comes on.

I'd actually like to hear complaints on this album, because I think any can properly be disputed because I honesty think those comments are just bait or have ignorant intentions
>>
>>71344300
My biggest gripe with the album is that with SILY, they took a truckload of junk and turned it into a plunderphonics masterpiece. On Wildflower, the source material is much better, and as a result they didn't/couldn't add their own personality to much of the songs.

Too many songs on Wildflower are just copy and pasted loops from already catchy pop tunes. Unfortunately the few tracks that actually feel creative and original are the weakest on the album, Frankie Sinatra, Noisy Eater, etc.
>>
>>71343361
love it now, but took me a couple of listens and assume that it's nothing like their debut (after such a long wait)

the other day they played Harmony on a veggie burger bar while I was there with my gf and felt like the world was a beautiful place
>>
Favorite/Least favorite song?
>>
>>71344900
Fav - Because I'm Me (amazing track, I just wish it was at the end of the album to finish at the top)
Least - Stepkids (way too much lyric-driven, forgettable samples, doesn't sound like an avalanches track at all)
>>
>>71344792
But what do the samples being more adventurous and full have anything to do with actually enjoying the music?

There shouldn't be a correlation between the two. That being said, remember you said yourself the most "original" songs weren't the most enjoyable songs.

None of that critique has to do with the emotive response to the record, or even just the pure feeling of the album.

That's the part (as a musician myself) that you cannot teach, it is just energetic magic which is why I believe we all listen to music
>>
>>71344996
because Wildflower sounds like a playlist. The samples on SILY are unrecognizable on most songs. It's not a case of, it's more complicated therefore it's better, but with SILY they were just using samples as instruments to write their OWN songs.

Wildflower on the other hand, not so much. Subways is basically just Warm Ride by the BeeGees. Because I'm Me is Want Ads with rapping. Live a Lifetime Love is a 60's pop song with rapping. If they want to make a contemporary album, it needs to sound like it. Using 50 year old samples isn't an excuse to make bad sounding music. They proved it's possible on their debut album
>>
>Wildflower reminds me of French countryside, New York City, my girlfriend, a carnival I went to in Pennsylvania as a child, Australia, juggalos, Mary Poppins, Los Angeles, merry-go-rounds, Big Top Pee-Wee, train rides through the valleys of Southern California, nights spent camping in my grandparents’ motorhome, fireflies, my first crush, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Lucky Charms, Wallace and Gromit, my dad, the first time I heard the Beatles, sleeping on a houseboat in India, The Muppets, exploring the Amazon rainforest, riding the subway into San Francisco, my mom, the end of Ratatouille where they’re all happy, bumping down a country road with three of my closest friends in middle school, and countless other memories that shape who I am as a person, some of them so old and worn away by time that all I remember now are fragmented, faded feelings of comfort and warm ecstasy. It’s impossible to be objective about this album for me.
>>
>>71345094
Everything you said about Wildflower are things that I love about the record. I think it's more well thought out than SILY and mixed in a way that allows the listener to float, an experience that feels more like the "Soul Train on Acid" on SILY. I think not one is clearly better than the other ( my vote goes to Wildflower, though).

I mean name me one album that mixes together the genres of: Plunderphonics, Hip Hop, Neo-Psych, Synthpop, Electro-Swing, Instrumental Hip Hop, Experimental Hip Hop, Dream Pop, Ambient and Sunshine Pop?

There is none. And it ties together into a tremendously cohesive listen.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.