[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is much harder to make a good pop song than an "experimental"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3349.jpg (27KB, 389x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3349.jpg
27KB, 389x378px
It is much harder to make a good pop song than an "experimental" one.
>>
based nu pepe
>>
It is much harder to make a good pop song than a "generic" one.

See how false dichotomies work?
>>
>>71342545
there are actual formula's for the first, not for the latter.
>>
Functional pop tunes are fine but kind of boring.
>>
>>71342572
The formula for the latter is that there is no formula.
>>
>>71342601
>there are actual formula's for the first, not for the latter.
>The formula for the latter is that there is no formula.

That's what he just said you mong
>>
>>71342545
This
>>
>>71342545
I could make an experimental song right now: just by doing nothing and call it 4'33. Trying to make a good pop song is much more difficult.
>>
>>71342789
its not experimental if its been done for 50 years ya fuckin walnut
>>
lol not true
john maus
dean blunt
ariel pink
mac demarco
tame impala
grimes
have all proved if you have the talent u can make pop music. but if you don't have the marketing your shit will never top the charts
>>
>>71342827
oh i'm laffin
>>
>>71342917
not an argument bitch boi
>>
>>71342827
>any of them making good songs
Except for maybe John, the rest are terrible.

>Grimes
Lol, good bait. Doesn't she just squeal into a loop pedal while making odd hand gestures?
>>
>>71342944
how is this terrible again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBzrzS1Ag_g
>>
>>71342660
No, it isn't what he said because he was implying that the rigidly defined formulas of pop make that type of music easier to make when in actuality, as I was implying, the non-formula of "experimental" music is capable of begetting tremendously easy shit like >>71342789
>>
>>71342955
DUDE DELAY PEDALS LMAO

Please tell me this is a bait post and I fell for it.
>>
>>71342979
i thnk its you baiting buddy
good bait i admit
>>
>>71342989
>no u
jesus christ stop posting here
tame impala are fucking garbage as is everyone else you posted other than john maus
>>
>>71343013
ahh so this what they call a bait master
>>
>>71342601
>The formula for the latter is that there is no formula.
wrong. it's about creating a new formula, you silly.
>>
File: FORMULA.jpg (63KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
FORMULA.jpg
63KB, 500x591px
BACK TO FORMULA?
>>
>>71343174
lol good post
>>
>>71342545
OP is right, because good pop doesn't exist.
>>
>>71343172
In which case, you're right back to square one.
>>
>>71342944
>Lol, good bait. Doesn't she just squeal into a loop pedal while making odd hand gestures?
Bullshit. She's actually an amazing songwriter and producer. You're just too pleb to even understand her musique.
>>
>>71344343
>too pleb to understand squealing into a loop pedal
lol right sure thing kemosabe
>>
>>71344557
Of course you're too pleb to understand her music. You want straightforward shitty pop music like Nickelback. Unfortunately for you, Grimes is too experimental for you aka 2deep4u.
>>
>>71344685
I'd take Nickelback over Grimes to be completely honest with you.
>>
>>71344708
>proving my point
>refusing good music
Stay pleb.
>>
File: pleb.jpg (60KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
60KB, 409x409px
>>71344729
>Grimes
>Good music
>>
>>71344739
>Grimes
>Good music
Actually, 100% yes. Her music is good. Disagree with this and you're a MASSIVE pleb. Grimes is the best pleb-test ever: you hate her, you're pleb, simple as that. No exceptions.
>>
>>71344837
>t. Grimes
Stop posting and come suck me off babe.
I know you're a feminist, sandal wearing, bran flake eating, wannabe hippie and all of that... but I just want to spit on you while fucking you from behind. Is that alright?
>>
>>71342545
Wrong. It's just as difficult to make a good pop song as a good "experimental" one, but it's easier to make an "experimental" piece people will claim to enjoy than a pop song people will claim to enjoy.
>>
nigger pepe
>>
>>71344905
Seek help, retard
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.