[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do talentless hacks always supposedly listen to tons of music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2349.gif (553KB, 265x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2349.gif
553KB, 265x385px
Why do talentless hacks always supposedly listen to tons of music yet make shit Noise/""Expirmental"" music or some ironic bullshit?

At least give credit to the kids who make music from GarageBand/FL Studio/Audacity/whatever. They make pretty bad music. But at least they're trying to make listenable music instead of prentious noise garbage anybody could make or not trying at all to be "lmao ironic".
>>
>>71341797
because they are smart enough to realize its a waste of time remaking the same pop garbage big corporations
>>
>>71341810
Yeah. Because modern Harsh Noise isn't just a repetitive remake of every other Harsh Noise made previously.
>>
>>71341797
can you accept that what you consider "pretentious noise garbage" some people might actually like?

this would solve your mystery on the spot really, there's no big question here
>>
>>71341822
it really isn't
>>
>>71341829
How about like actual music instead of Noise.
You people are the reason Muisc is going downhill. You morons can't pick up a instruments so you instead want to fart in a program to make music.
>>
>>71341832
But pop music is. That makes sense.
>>
>>71341846
yeah actually I play five instruments, three quite well, know quite a lot about theory, and make jazz influenced rock music

I'm just not the kind of dumbass who thinks that music has no value because it doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>71341846
so you are telling me because of a couple hundred kids want to make noise the music industry is fucked. damn didn't know the cream of the crop were all noise musicians
>>
>>71341874
"music is going downhill" is the mating call of the prematurely senile douchebag
>>
>>71341867
It's pathetic to see a supposed musician defend people making noise.
You're the same people who try to normalize pedophila.
You've probably spend so much time working hard as a well skilled musician. Why not encourage people to follow that?
If you think people making gimmicky noise for the rest of their career with no knowledge of theory is good. Than you're insane.
>>
>>71341900
are you literally implying if noise musicians stopped making noise they would make the best music ever?
>>
>>71341900
Wow, i guess making sounds you don't like is literally equatable to raping children now
>>
>>71341797
I agree with OP, as I produce interesting electronic music that isn't a meme.

However, everyone is entitled to produce what they want, I don't understand how the genre of "noise" is affecting you?
>>
>>71341914
They could like anybody else. Noise gets you nowhere like other genres. Some bands literally improved when they stopped doing their noise. Example being The Velvet Underground (and their Noise is still better than what some meme loser does in his basement).
>>71341915
I'm not saying if you make noise you're some child rapist. I'm saying the idea to normalize something that is horrible makes no sense.
>>
>>71341957
they don't want to be like everyone else and for all you know every noise musician you hate is some ghost writer for that pop music you like.
>>
>>71341900
please ACTUALLY fucking kill yourself. you are obviously useless scum
>>
>>71341957
A lot of people think noise is great though.
>>
>>71341923
It's not affecting me more than is it affecting the gullible non musical people who take up making Noise for their musical career.
>>
>>71341982
Probably some Noise Pop or Noise Rock. But if you show people Merzbow. You'll probably expect the typical "what the hell is this shit?" Response.
It's still with the underground /mu/tants.
>>
>>71342032
then its not for them. lots of normies would think bdsm is crazy shit.
we don't all have to like the same shit. lots of normies think this shit is weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHCYKkU8jto
>>
>>71341981
So buttdevastated you still got not arguments
>>
>>71341982
> A lot of people like to pretend noise is great though.

You're welcome
>>
>>71341797
I remember this polish cuck in the soundcloud thread insulting every single producer in the there, while his music was literally looped noise. These people don't usually know anything about music theory or production in general, but they truly feel legitimate to sell they shit for art because it's artsy to make hard listening noise. Give me just one example of a noise/experiamental producer that earned his fame
>>
File: 1487081725533.png (891KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487081725533.png
891KB, 900x900px
>>71342101
heres 4
>>
>>71342107
damn this meme. good artist but totally far away from what OP intended (except for james ferraro, thats a true fucking scam)
>>
You need to be pretty insecure about your love of noise to try to defend it to some frogposter. Noise as an art form has been well established and enjoyed for decades. It doesn't matter that some fag online doesn't get it
>>
>>71342032
I mean like on the internet. Merzbow has some great albums but there are better noise musicians
>>
>>71342130
how so?
they all have made noise/experimental music
>>
>>71342135
>doesn't get it
>Being this pretentious
>>
>>71342135
teach me to "get" noise senpai
>>
They're both just as bad as each other. Many of the people making edm/sampled hip shit are worse imo because they have the illusion of seeming good when musically, they are devoid of any ideas at all. If you check soundcloud and bandcamp threads you'll notice that most people don't even actually make *songs*, as in a song with a real sense of progression and a beginning, middle and end. More like just a loop that they add/take stuff out of over the course of 2 minutes (of course you can't make a very long song with this kind of structure). But then again, noise and random bullshit artists also have the "i'm just so advanced you don't even understand why i'm good" attitude that is annoying as shit. I'm sure my attitude here seems annoying in and of itself as well.
>>
>>71342138
agree for the experimental but I don't recall any of these making noise
>>
>>71342101
Earned: obviously merzbow, incapacitants, masonna (basically the whole japanoise scene desu), as well as like prurient, the Rita, vomir, and these really big names that kind of changed the game through a lot of hard work. These are hard working people that start from the ground up. Noise artists also usually enjoy and appreciate other types of music so I feel like your impression of this perceived elitism is pretty inaccurate
>>
>>71342079
pretty sure people gave up on trying to actually argue with you after you dropped the whole "defending noise is the same as normalizing pedophilia" post

ps being you is the same as being wrong, and shit
>>
>>71342168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2beStWgQGvQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPf4Ktefd60
>>
>>71342187
fuck my ears
>>
you need to realize that most people actually enjoy listening to cool/unique sounds and things that feel emotional

when you set the bar this low its not a surprise you end up with people liking noise and shit lol
>>
muh, supply and demand
as long as there is someone who likes to listen to this, what's the problem?
>>
>>71342166
>have the illusion of seeming good when musically, they are devoid of any ideas at all.
You could imply this about Noise musicians. Which makes it even worse.
They're deluded but they're trying to please everybody with their music. While noise artist don't give a shit because there already a crowd of suckers who will bite it.
>>
>>71342145
>>71342158
I don't "get" jazz for instance but I'm not interested in jazz. If something doesn't appeal to you then don't force it. If you become interested in something that was previously foreign to you and you listen to it a lot then you might come to like it. There's nothing pretentious about that. It would be prentious for me to try to talk shit about jazz as if I have any knowledge or understanding of jazz though. There's not an exclusive noise club, either it appeals to you or it doesn't
>>
>>71342204
Right I mean I feel like a lot of noise fans think it sounds very cool and there's not really anything else to it, which is fine in my opinion
>>
>>71342235
yea I mean, I have no issue with anybody liking anything. The problem is people have a tendency to misrepresent and intentionally exaggerate the things they like, which I do have an issue with. Though it is fairly ubiquitous to all forms of music.
>>
lol seems someone's too pussy and can't handle a bit atonality.
>>
>>71342166
>More like just a loop that they add/take stuff out of over the course of 2 minutes (of course you can't make a very long song with this kind of structure).
Isn't this just the basic for a song or am I just reading this wrong
>t. Not a producer
>>
>>71342107
james ferraro whole discog is just anti-capitalism PC muzak vaportrash
>>
>>71342327
what, are you not aware that many, many many songs don't just add the to same thing over the course of the song and, can, in fact switch to different melodies or rhythms?
>>
>>71342585
I'm aware of that. I just don't see what's exactly wrong with it.
If it sounds good is all I really care about.
>>
>>71342666
And I am aware that there are people who don't agree with me so I don't think there was any need to point that out if that's really the only point you had.
>>
>>71342770
Yeah.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.