[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright punk fans of /mu/, I'm planning a little tribute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

Alright punk fans of /mu/, I'm planning a little tribute album for the 35th anniversary (birthday? Whatever) of Milo Goes To College. If you're interested in any part of this side project of mine, I'd love to know. Hope to hear from you guys soon
>>
sent ;)
>>
>descendents

*tips fedora*
>>
>>71329511
Oh man
>>
>>71329511
shit taste confirmed
>>
>>71329911

Nah, this band is about as overrated as it gets in punk rock. Embarrassing lyrics aside.
>>
>>71329911
>opinion
>>
>>71330034
Overrated. There's that word again. Can't we just respect what people like without calling it overrated and all that bs and just move on with our lives?
>>
>>71330034
Nah man, go listen to Black Flag and Sex Pistols, that's some real overrated shit. Embarrassing lyrics aside.
>>
>>71328480
What are you doing exactly? Are you asking for us to help make a cover album? If so, I'm down
>>
>>71330583
word, i mean fuck can people not like something other people don't without being hassled for it?
>>
>>71328480

One of my favorite "punk" albums. I'm into whatever your doing
>>
I can contribute something! What are you looking for?
>>
>>71328480
Good for you OP! Milo Goes to College is an early 80s classic.

Interesting how people say the practically invented "Pop-Punk". Back when this album first came out they were considered "Hardcore".

My how times have changed.
>>
>>71331046
Hell yeah man! I'm thinking about doing that for all the songs on it, obviously, if you like that kinda thing
>>
>>71331533
It's a lot more melodic than punk music that preceded it. I think the cohesive melodies are what makes it early pop punk, it doesn't mean it still isn't hardcore
>>
>>71331497
Well, if you got a couple people to help you out with recording the instruments and vocals and whatnot, you can choose a song from the album. I'm planning on doing Hope, so you got 14 tracks to worth with there
>>
>>71331569
Yeah but keep in mind before this album you had bands like The Buzzcocks The Undertones and Husker Du. Even The Ramones could be quite melodic when they wanted to be.
>>
>>71331534
I'd be down. I can do some synthpop cover/s. That is one of my favorite albums
>>
>>71331971
Sounds good, dude. You wanna reserve a song yet?
>>
I can do the guitar cover for Hope. Love this record to death although I never got interested in their other work.
>>
>>71332310
I'd do Bikeage
>>
I am SUPER into this. I'd love to help in some way.
>>
File: 35 Years After College.jpg (86KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
35 Years After College.jpg
86KB, 864x864px
OP here. Now, we need a way to contact each other, and I'm suggesting some sort of group chat so we can discuss this as easily as possible. Also, it's a simple design, but here's what I'm thinking for the cover. It's just one of the many designs on my Descendents-themed shirt
>>
>>71332355
I was thinking about doing bass and vocals for that. Maybe we could collab for that?
>>
>>71332452
Awesome! Hey, if you or anyone else here or a Skype or something we can talk about this on so it's eaiser, that would be great
>>
>>71332517
I don't really know of any group chat other than discord, which I've never used, but it might work for our purpose.

I like that cover idea
>>
>>71332517

I like the album title and I think the art should be awesome, this is a nice start of course.

>>71332548
That would be perfect, I could do back-up vocals if needed. I'm being forced to go watch a crappy movie right now but I'll leave the thread open as to how I can get in contact with you guys.
>>
>>71331569
>>71331533
Also the lyrics were more about personal problems than talking about politics or stuff like that. I recommend anybody that likes Descendents to watch their movie. Explains a lot of stuff and is really fun to watch.
>>
>>71332624
I was thinking Discord as well. I have a server on there already if you're interested in joining that for the time being
>>
>>71332646
I'm gonna do a bit of a rough (my voice might not sound the best due to me feeling under the weather and my neck itself hurting as it I'm being choked if I get too loud, but it'll be worth it imo) soon. I'll link you to it on here through a Youtube video
>>
>>71332954
Sounds good.
>>
>>71331160
Sorry dude but people like boosting their egos and not feeling like shit themselves
>>
This should be a lot of fun
>>
>>71332954
Do you have a link to your Discord?
>>
>>71333529
Right here https://discord.gg/JH38J
>>
>>71333685
Thanks. I'm in
>>
>>71333023
https://youtu.be/BYtJG69_8_Q

Here we are. Might want to turn down your volume just in case
>>
>>71334098
You do a good Milo, man
>>
>>71334098

Well, I'm back from the shitty movie.

Damn this is good m8.

My guitar/gear isn't with me atm, its at my friends house that lives 20-30mins away so I'll have to grab that off him tomorrow or soon. I'll hope on the discord and get the guitar parts in asap.
>>
discord room is expired.

album came out in june of 82. Does that mean we have 2 months to polish it and such?
>>
>>71331576
I have a band, would love to cover "Marriage" email me @ [email protected]
>>
>>71339852
>>71328480

meant to link OP
>>
>>71336607
I just saw it was 1982. But yeah, I guess so. Damn
>>
>>71336607
Also, I set it to not expire. I'l have to fix that, the mobile app is a little buggy
>>
>>71339874
You did the first time haha
>>
Okay, so update on what songs are taken as of now:

Marriage
Hope
Bikeage
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.