[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was /mu/ over half a century late to discovering The Beatles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (130KB, 700x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 700x646px
Why was /mu/ over half a century late to discovering The Beatles? They weren't exactly obscure.
>>
>>71298973
i love the beatles. hey jude
>>
>>71298979
i know right. hey jude
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>71298973
If you just had the right half of that image, you'd basically just have the money store. Makes me want a Beatles death grips mashup
>>
From the years I've been on /mu/ people secretly like The Beatles but don't want to admit it for fear of being labelled as a "Normie" or a "Pleb".

Seriously people! Wake up and realize that Scaruffi is a piece of shit who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about!

The Beatles will always be #1 in my book!
>>
File: 4536.jpg (53KB, 600x900px)
4536.jpg
53KB, 600x900px
>when the coda hits on Hey Jude

Nah, nah. nah, nah-nah, nah, nah
>>
>>71299382
huh

its just a psyop /,mu/ meme that the beatles don't make incredibly beautiful music. just chill. if you think they are shit or something then enjoy that existence, but its like a prank that you cant enjoy everything, i dunno man,. i like cocks in my butt butt
>>
>>71299399
hey hey... goodbye

I love the beatles
>>
>>71299420
Your reply made no sense whatsoever
>>
How, despite being recognized as the greatest musicians of all time, are The Beatles STILL underrated?

For example, it's rare to hear people acknowledge Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da as the GOAT ska-reggae-dub song.
>>
>>71299490
You take the piss but it's kind of true. I mostly hear people talk about Sgt.Pepper, or Hey Jude, or the Beatlemania stuff. Their songs like Tomorrow Never Knows, or half the stuff on the White Album or Abbey Road, people don't really listen to.

They've become so famous that people only know like a few of their songs.
>>
>>71301019

I literally can't think of a band who have more popular songs among normies and pop culture
>>
>>71301069
The Arctic Monkeys, The Foo Fighters, Green Day, Blink 182, Queen, Pink Floyd, and many others are much more popular amongst 20-something normies than The Beatles are. The Beatles seem popular mostly amongst stoner types.

Source: Being around 20-something normies
>>
>>71301132

Are yous seriously arguing that your average person knows more Arctic Monkeys songs than Beatles songs?
>>
>>71301132
This is objectively false.

Source: Being around 20-something normies.

Sure, people know songs from those bands, but everyone still knows the Beatles.
>>
>>71301169
Your average early 20s normie, yes, your average person maybe not

>>71301195
No early 20s normies I know actually listen to The Beatles. I'll put on Strawberry Fields at a party and people will genuinely ask "who is this this is good"
>>
>>71301255

You're honestly just plain wrong.
>>
>>71299093
>Beatles death grips mashup
say no more
>>
File: beat.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
beat.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.