[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the music/audio industry be like if Beats were never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fendi_images1_retina_1404x942.jpg (779KB, 1404x942px) Image search: [Google]
fendi_images1_retina_1404x942.jpg
779KB, 1404x942px
What would the music/audio industry be like if Beats were never made? People hate them but they make up 60%~ of the premium audio market and were probably the first major celeb headphone and the first upgrade for normalfags from Walkman/iPod earbuds.
>>
File: xd.png (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
xd.png
17KB, 320x320px
>premium audio
>>
>>71280912
Their Solo like is worth like 80-90 bucks. The Pro line is a 100-110 dollar headphone quality wise and is built well.

I also wouldn't call it premium but they aren't overpriced by that much anymore.
>>
>>71279683
I mean they're overpriced but they're still nowhere near premium audio price range. if they didn't come out people would just buy similar cheaper shit like skullcandy. the target is the average consumer, the person who doesn't think about anything in much detail and just buys whatever they most recently saw an advert for. I mean they started off as a monster audio subsidiary if I recall correctly, so monster headphones would have been their replacement. or just any brand that can spend a lot on marketing their mediocre product.

desu if beats didn't exist apple probably would have made a similar product eventually as an upgrade to their earpods. it's fitting that they bought them
>>
Not very different. The people who actually care will still buy the good stuff, and the people who don't care wouldn't have bought it at all.
Remember, nobody buys Beats because they sound good. They're a fashion choice.
>>
>>71280951
Pro is like $300.
>>71280912
Premium for headphones is anything above $100.
>>
>>71279683
Beats are decent for what they're for. They're essentially made for listening to rap music, which sits generally in a very low frequency range. They sound pretty okay with that stuff. TPAB through beats is pretty solid desu
>>
>>71280992
>Premium for headphones is anything above $100
that's entry-level, really. you can't tell me the beyerdynamic T1 and m50s are the same tier
>>
>>71279683
music wouldnt exist
>>
>>71280978
>Not very different.
well for starters, a lot of the more reputable brands like sennheiser wouldn't have switched their focus to fashion to compete with beat
s
>>
>>71281047
I'm talking price, not quality. The best sounding Beats headphones are the second cheapest for example.
>>
>>71281110
I'm not sure what you mean, I'm talking about price and quality. the beyerdynamics are maybe five times more expensive and they sound like it. $100 headphones are very much entry level and not intended as premium products
>>
>>71281145
What I mean is, by some business definition, headphones $100 and up are considered premium. I think MKBHD discussed this in his Beats video.
>>
File: 0y5kqYb.png (6KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
0y5kqYb.png
6KB, 420x420px
>>71281199
>MKBHD
>>
>>71281264
Yeah, yeah, Technegro etc.
>>
>>71281288
it's more the pop tech channel thing I'm questioning
>>
>>71281318
I mean he's well informed and isn't retarded.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.