[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to destroy either the compilation albums(Hatful of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

If you had to destroy either the compilation albums(Hatful of Hollow, The World Wont Listen and Louder Than Bombs) or the studio albums (The Smiths, Meat is Murder, The Queen is Dead and Strangeways, Here We Come) which group of records would you destroy?
>>
>>71273064
this would be extremely easy to call if any of the studio albums had Asleep on them
>>
>>71273064
Compilations any day of the week
>>
>>71273082
really? For one song?
>>
Technically the very best of the smiths
is a compilation so I'd destroy the studio records obv
>>
>>71273064
Compilation albums are for plebs
>>
>>71273680
this
>>
>>71273680
>>71273814

No. Compilation albums are great a serve a purpose. Not all music is LP oriented. Most of the Smiths greatest efforts were released as singles and it is really on that format where the band seriously rises above most of the rest. As far as LPs go, the Smiths are just good, but there are a lot of dead tracks that detract from the album as a whole to really set them above.

Also, without compilation albums, how would you organize, listen, experience studio rarities and previously unreleased tracks. Sure, most artists don't have too much of that that can't be found on the B-sides of singles, but how about Elliott Smith? He recorded over 50 songs for Either/Or which features like 12. A lot of them came out on New Moon, there are still a ton yet to be heard. Compilations serve a very real purpose here.
>>
the comps. they don't even touch the overall feels of the studio albums.
>>
>all my favorite songs from s/t are on hatful of hollow
>ask
>girl afraid

goodbye studio albums
>>
>>71273680
t. rockist cunt
>>
>>71273064
The comps.
I love most of the tracks from the comps, but my all time favorites are all on the studio albums. Also I like every track that's ever been on a Smiths studio album, with the sole exception of Meat Is Murder, which is bad but not quite as bad as a lot of people say it is.
>>
>>71273064
Where does Rank fit in
Do live albums count as compilations
>>
Studio albums simply have more music on them, so I'd have to reluctantly destroy the compilations. And while there are lots of essential tracks on their compilations, there are deep cuts on the albums like The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, Barbarism Begins at Home, The Queen is Dead, and Death of a Disco Dancer that I couldn't do without.
>>
File: 1488141435248.png (179KB, 500x805px) Image search: [Google]
1488141435248.png
179KB, 500x805px
>>71273680
Compilation albums of studio releases = pleb/walmart-dollar-bin-tier

Compilation albums of studio rehearsals/demo tracks/outtakes = meh as fug, can be good, can be bad.

Compilation albums of B-sides/unreleased tracks = acceptable.
>>
I'd destroy the compilations, they don't have Suffer Little Children, Barbarism Begins At Home, Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others and I Won't Share You <3
>>
>>71274045
All the good tracks being on both the s/t and Hatful of Hollow is exactly why I would destroy the compilations
What do the later ones even have besides Asleep?
>>
>>71276679
Lots of good singles/b-sides. Half a Person, Ask, Rubber Ring, just to name a few.
>>
File: rabanastre.jpg (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rabanastre.jpg
521KB, 1920x1080px
>you will never set foot in Rabanastre for the first time again
Why even live?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.