[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /mu/ like fun music? almost all of /mu/core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

Why doesn't /mu/ like fun music?
almost all of /mu/core is depressing love songs
>>
if someone only listens to /mu/core, i'm really sorry for him
>>
>animal collective
>grimes
>talking heads
>beach boys
>most rap
>>
Happy music tends to have less emotional depth and complexity then sad or at least bittersweet music. That's sadly just the way it is, since a lot of talented people are also depressed.
>>
>>71258217
absolutely not
>>
>>71258216
Pet Sounds is really sad
>>
why would someone actively pursue an interest if he's happy
>>
>>71258216
Animal collective arent that happy 2bh
>>
This board attracts a lot of people generally not happy with themselves and have low self esteem and hate themselves at least a little
>>
>>71258252
Then name some purely happy albums that are on par with stuff like Loveless and Kid A and the Lonesome Crowded West
>>
>>71258292
Since I Left You is the only purely happy album in the /mu/core, I think.
>>
File: 1480494647545.png (473KB, 771x787px) Image search: [Google]
1480494647545.png
473KB, 771x787px
>>71258184
>>
>>71258353

qt3.14
>>
>>71258353
That's the best description of this website I've ever read honestly. Not everyone here is a /pol/tard mega autist bully, but you do need to be at least a little fucked up to use 4chan .
>>
Because we're a lot more prone to suffer in life than succeed.
And depressing music is prone to being more powerful than happy music.
>>
>>71258184
yes please try and argue us out of listening to sad music. we're not depressed and stubborn or anything
>>
>>71258353
>it's hard to make an accurate generalization
>everyone on 4chan seems to be looking for distractions
nice contradiction there dumb bitch
>>
>>71258184
Because the people who come here are like 99% boring white people
>>
>>71258432
really? what's fucked up about being on /mu/? I mostly listen to swans, does that make me weird?
>>
File: rapeman.jpg (90KB, 658x436px) Image search: [Google]
rapeman.jpg
90KB, 658x436px
>>71258516
>I mostly listen to swans, does that make me weird?
Yes. It also makes you a degenerate because you support a rapist.
>>
>>71258569
okay listen here you twerp. I dont care what gira did. He could sabotage the space program for all I care. I enjoy the music he makes, I don't care about his personal issues. You might be an autist if you cant separate an artist's life from his work.
>>
>>71258353
That's kinda accurate
>>
>>71258611
lol I'm just baiting t b h, listen to whoever you want. To the average normie you'd probably still be considered weird for listening to Swans though.
>>
>>71258569
Gira def got Kobe'd, but the dude definitely looks like a straight up sociopath. His eyes are dead.
>>
>>71258667
really? im not from the US, but I always felt Swans were pretty popular in the underground circle, and relatively known in the mainstream media
>>
>>71258691
I'm not going to perpetuate this myth that gira is an incredibly hard dude who would snap your neck in a second if you looked at him wrong but he probably has seen some stuff in his life
>>
>>71258735
Known in the mainstream media? Not at all, just in music circles.
>>
>>71258184
Funk is my favourite genre though
>>
>>71258184
there's the ongoing belief in aesthetics with some historical precedence (if not discussion) that not-happiness begets profundity

imagine whether most Greek or any ancient legends would endure were they not tragic
>>
>>71258280
their last few albums are
>>71258260
it's also not their only album
>>
>>71258353
>when an actual autist is able to redpilll 4chan
>>
>>71258260
Not really, if anything its bittersweet
>>
>>71258353
>a lot of people are prejudiced
>tfw the most racist people on /pol/ are actually Asian and Black as proven by HWNDU
What the left doesn't realize is that /pol/ is the multiculti paradise they desire
>>
cuz people think that faking depression and anxiety xD is cool
>>
>>71258691
have you ever watched any interviews/docs with him just hanging out? he seems like a pretty nice polite guy who just takes his art very seriously
>>
>>71258217
>Happy music tends to have less emotional depth and complexity then sad or at least bittersweet music.
this
>That's sadly just the way it is, since a lot of talented people are also depressed.
no i think it's more like , it seems to empathize with us more if that makes sense.

why would i take any time out of my day to listen to someone whose life is perfect / has a lot of hope?
>>
>>71258611
>He could sabotage the space program for all I care

16 years old and you're already goofy as fuck
>>
>>71258184
numale cuckery combined with numale misery
>>
File: themusicdefener.png (620KB, 651x2881px) Image search: [Google]
themusicdefener.png
620KB, 651x2881px
>>71258611
>okay listen here you twerp
>>
>>71260812
the fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.
>>
>sufjan Stevens
>>
File: loveforever.jpg (3MB, 3557x3557px) Image search: [Google]
loveforever.jpg
3MB, 3557x3557px
>>71258304
it's nowhere near Loveless artistically

>>71258292
pic
>>
File: Pulp - Different Class.jpg (588KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp - Different Class.jpg
588KB, 940x940px
>>71258292
>>
File: 1280x720-sw-prog-PL.jpg (285KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-sw-prog-PL.jpg
285KB, 1280x720px
>>71258184
Because the saddest things are the most beautiful
>>
Because birds of feather stick together. Since this board is mostly socially in-adept out casts that seem to thrive on their "weirdness" then they tend to listen to music that would legitimize that state of being and seem to feel it is better because "it speaks to them". NMH and Radiohead are 2 very glaring examples.
>>
>>71258184
I like fun music

Music that doesn't have much deeper meaning where they only thing that matters is a generally happy vibe

Like this
https://soundcloud.com/ericnorth/saudibands-feat-syringe-prod-cashmoneyap
>>
>>71258184
Like every internet community, the loudest and post prominent posters are here 24/7, never leave their homes and take issue with people who do leave their homes and have fun. Therefore, things that are critically acclaimed but not well know are called the best and everything else is called 'normie shit'.
>>
>>71258184
>implying loveless or shoegaze in general is depressing
Sick of this meme 2bh
>>
>>71258217
Cringe
>>
>>71261415
Can you break this down a bit more
>>
>>71258184
idk man Loveless is pretty happy compared to the rest of /mu/core
>>
>>71260812
Top cringe
>>
>>71261770
Probably, but I'm not arsed.

There are good fun albums though. I hoped the FISHMANS buzz would get some of their other stuff talked about more since it's happy, Summer music but that didn't really happen.

There is also the whole 'the best creatives see the world and notice the negatives above the positives and choose to highlight that' thing. Even in film there's guys like Hirokazu Koreeda who makes feel good films about the Japanese family unit, but they're still full of tragedies and shit.

Here's a fun song/music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDX3dEzXz20
>>
>listening to anything BUT happy music
>>
>>71258501
youre a fucking retard if you think this is a contradiction
>>
>>71258184
because /mu/ is a shithole
>>
>>71262848
>>71261415
all true
>>
>>71258928

>centipede hz
>their most aggressive, lyrics of frustration, clusterfuck album
>happy
>>
>>71258217
Except that's it's also usually male-centric sad songs. It isn't shit like Noname, it's shit like MBV.
>>
God dammit, since when did 4chan start becoming so anti-autistic? Fuck off you degenerates. A lot of us are on the spectrum, we don't give a shit about going outside and about having fun. For us fun is our own personal fascinations. Music and creativity are common interests for those on the spectrum. Again, you can fuck off with your "fun". Everything that you think is fun is devoid of substance and honesty.

I'll have you know that there are fun albums that are praised by /mu/. Remain in Light, Since I Left You, Screamadelica, The Money Store, Doolittle. Those are some off the top of my head. I swear neo-/mu/ is total shit. Let us be with our autistic tastes.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.