[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on a Bush turntable? My Dad owns one and I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: BRT103EUSB-turntable-flat-800px.jpg (92KB, 800x709px) Image search: [Google]
BRT103EUSB-turntable-flat-800px.jpg
92KB, 800x709px
Thoughts on a Bush turntable? My Dad owns one and I've been considering collecting vinyls, I'm wondering if I should use his turntable or just purchase a better one.
>>
>>71253928
Tell your dad that that record player is destroying his records with it's tracking force
>>
>>71253970
is it really that bad
>>
>>71253928
if you did even one minute of googling you would know that any turntable that looks like that is complete utter garbage.

if a turntable doesn't have a proper counterweight you might as well just listen to 128kbps mp3s
>>
>>71254018

Yes.
>>
That's not a turntable, OP, that's a record player. Anything that looks like a crosley is hot garbage that'll sound bad and prematurely wear your records. Advise your father to get rid of his immediately and invest in an actual turntable that you hook into a stereo system...

Also, the plural of vinyl is vinyl.
>>
>>71254110
okay so basically anything that doesn't have the briefcase gimmick and can hook into a stereo system should be fine?
>>
>>71254239

Sort of. A record player has all the built in speakers and shit while a turntable simply reads a record. You definitely want the latter, but there's a few things to look out for.

As >>71253970 and >>71254058 have mentioned, you want something with a low tracking force, which will basically always mean that it has a counter weight of some kind. You also preferably want something that will allow you to change cartridges.

Do your research for something in budget with those features, and just look at what people are saying about different models. I personally went the used retro route. Got a Technics SL-BD20. It's an early 90s entry level model, but you can change the cartridge on it, and it tracks at a nice low 1.25g, it's also known to be reliable (made in japan). It was only $95AU in full working order. It's certainly not the be all and end all but it seems to be good for the money and certainly won't do my records harm in the meantime until I can afford a nicer one.
>>
Vinyl isn't a cheap hobby, if you don't have a few hundred to spend on a decent turntable then don't bother. You won't find anything decent for under $100.
>>
File: 10726410.jpg (133KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
10726410.jpg
133KB, 800x600px
>>71254330
How do you think mine holds up Anon?

Teac P-313
>>
>>71254664

Apart from being a bit dirty it looks OK. You've got an adjustable counter weight which is a good sign. Looks a lot like my SL-BD20 which is also silver.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.