[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2007 /mu/ wasn't kidding about this. I didn't get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg (93KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg
93KB, 400x355px
2007 /mu/ wasn't kidding about this.

I didn't get it then but now I feel enlightened, pedantic and superior to the rest of the world.
>>
>>71242867
Great album, but then again I just have a boner for everything tool does.
>>
>>71242867
congratulations, that makes you a tool.
>>
>>71242867
If you feel superior for liking lateralus, you're kind of douche.
>>
>>71242867
now lets see how u feel after you've hear it 50 times
>>
Top 3 tool songs
1. Pushit (salival)
2. Third Eye
3. Cold and ugly
>>
alt-metal was a mistake
>>
Tool is one of the few truly patrician bands. It takes a higher intellect to fully understand their music, something absent from this board, which is why so many people here shit on them. Enjoy.
>>
File: 1481072704749.png (674KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1481072704749.png
674KB, 800x533px
ITT
>>
DID
>>
Haha le technicality and sex jokes le patrician
>>
>>71242867

lateralus is literally their worst album

best is either aenema or undertow, probably undertow. opiate a 3rd, then 10k days

alot of you think 10k days is worst but its not, it just has a few filler tracks that could have been edited out

but lateralus is somehow what brought them the most fame, but it is literally their worst. its math rock - which is fine, but its just something to do that technical - doesnt give you feels like other shit.

plus now every goes, oh math rock. but htye had 3 fucking albums before that, better albums that weren't pretentious,. undertow came out in early 90's and was so different than anything out there at the time, and no internet to fuck things up - was beautiful. but you guys suck

paul d'amour is best
>>
>>71247092

I pray this is sarcastic
>>
Ænima and 10k days are better
>>
>>71247704
This
>>
>>71247092
>being this deluded
Tool is a band that people who want to think they are more "enlightened" or "intellectual" than everyone else listen to, when in fact they're just as dumbfounded as the rest of us. On top of that the band lopsided as fuck (Danny Carey is a god and the rest of them belong in the shitty alt-metal genre they inhabit) and Maynard's lyrics are as pretentious as post-Wall era Waters
>>
>>71242867

You please your master, OP!

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/
>>
I was a huge tool fan in the 90s. Lateralus came out and it was on the radio, i got it the day it came out and probably listened to it 3 times. Gf took it. I Just didn't get into it. I got 10000 Days the day it came out too. My gf took it and listened to it in her car for a while. I played with the cover a bunch but i dont think i ever listened to the album. I think I'm going to give them both another shot, because this thread sparked interest.
>>
>>71247836
This is a completely accurate statement.
>>
>>71242867
2nd best tool album, but don't take it too seriously.
>>
To literally no one's surprise, I got into Tool during high school. Hell, I even had the pretentious Tool fan phase for a while. I still enjoy their music from time to time even if not nearly as much as I used to. My fondness of MJK's lyrics has diminished over time even if he's a decent vocalist.

Also, thoughts on Soen? They're pretty much a direct copy of Lateralus-era Tool but they do a decent job at it IMO.
>>
>>71248506
fucking same. Let's be honest after middle school-early high school they start to seem a bit immature. Some of them are good but you start to realize that they're fedora-tier most of the time.

Music holds up though.
>>
>>71249029
forgot to quote
>My fondness of MJK's lyrics has diminished over time
>>
>>71249029
>>71249047
Yeah, it appeals to the edgy teenager mindset and in all fairness it does a decent job at that. It just falls apart when you realize just how preachy and pedantic it really is.

Music itself is still good though, definitely.
>>
>>71247022
>cold and ugly
That's a strange way to spell H
>>
Some of their fans are insufferable and the sacred geometry occult enlightenment worship is retarded. I just think they're a band who have written some dope songs. They combine a great pop sensibility with some shit way outside the norm and you can tell they put a lot into writing music that has legs. Songwriting aside Keenan's also a really gifted singer. He just has one of those voices that naturally catches your attention.

I'm not waiting with baited breath for anything new from them but if it comes out I'll give it the time.
>>
>>71242867
Tool sounds like the best possible mix between grunge and pretentious stoners
>>
>>71247286
Dude you're so wrong
Lateralus is their most spiritual album, far from being just technical

And Justin is much better than Paul
>>
>>71247836
I love Tool's music, but I definitely don't think that it makes me enlightened. Is this viewpoint why Tool is such a meme?
>>
tool is one of my favorite bands, im not pretentious about it, I dont even talk about tool really i just listen alot of other fans really make me cringe because they think they are on another level also aenima is their best album
>>
It truly seems to me that Tool intimidates this board. Maybe they are just too huge. Sometimes it hurts to swallow your pride and take in something you want really bad while you know your friends and family will disaprove. Oh, and hashtag SPIRITUAL, I swear to got
>>
Power Rank the Tool albums:

Lateralus
Aenima
10k Days
Undertow
Salival
Opiate
They continue to evolve in meaning even 20 years later. That's why they're great music. They mean something to the 19 year old. They mean something to the 42 year old.
>>
It takes bravery to enjoy things that are considered cliche these days. Excepting that most people enjoy the mainstream, and never go past the superficial, all of us, as far as a board like this goes, have chosen to deviate from that flow in search of more, as this is our passion. Good on anyone willing to go anywhere without fear of judgement to sate that curiosity.

If you use the bands you listen to as a means to feel superior to others, or your disdain as a means to ostracize, you have more growing to do.
>>
How do hardcore metal fans feel about tool?

I don't listen to much metal but I really liked Aenima
>>
File: 1456419976156.png (399KB, 641x466px) Image search: [Google]
1456419976156.png
399KB, 641x466px
i like them
>>
Ænima is their best album.
Tool is not metal or any sub-genre to metal.
Their humor is lost on a lot of dumb people which gives them a bad reputation.
Maynard is not the leader of the band.

These are the facts.
>>
DUDE FIBONACCI SEQUENCE LMAO
>>
>>71246321
How do you feel after 50 listens? Seriously asking.
>>
why do nu-male cucks dislike tool?
>>
>>71242867

Yeah Lateralus was pretty good...

But nothing really compares to the Holy Gift aka the true patrician Tool listening experience
>>
File: AXYArLI.gif (737KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
AXYArLI.gif
737KB, 320x240px
>>71247286
>Tool, Complicated math rock

>Best album if you take multiple tracks out

>Internet and fame ruined a band

Your baits are the best
>>
File: mfw.jpg (98KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
98KB, 800x522px
Currently making a video with every Tool album playing at once
>>
first time I listened to Tool album dude was going on about new age stuff and philosophy being really deep
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.