[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this album? I feel like it may be a 10/10. Fav

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: folder.jpg (25KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
25KB, 658x658px
Thoughts on this album?

I feel like it may be a 10/10.

Fav songs? Least fav?

To Be Kind general thread desu
>>
>>71237226
Fav: Screen Shot
Least fav: Bring the sun/Toussaint (too long desu)
>>
8/10 imo.
Favorite song: Nathalie Neal
Least favorite: Kirsten Supine
>>
10/10

Best: Just a Little Boy
Least fav: Nathalie Neal
>>
File: Untitled (2).png (145KB, 804x670px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).png
145KB, 804x670px
>>71237226
this meme is still alive? jesus
>>
>>71237525
>Screen Shot

Amazing percussion on that track.
>>
>>71237584
I really love when the piano comes in but the percussion is definitely great too
>>
I don't get it. why do people think this album is so good?
>>
>>71237633
Its almost as if music taste is subjective
>>
File: IMG_1358.jpg (25KB, 658x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1358.jpg
25KB, 658x574px
>>71237633
Because people enjoy a lot of different albums, and this happens to be an album a lot of people enjoy.
>>
>>71237657
>happens to be an album a lot of people enjoy
No one outside of this shitty board likes this album
>>
>>71237706
http://www.treblezine.com/swans-billboard-top-40-with-to-be-kind/
Do you enjoy being delusional?
>>
i've listened to this, soundtracks for the blind, filth and the seer. the seer is definetly a big no no for me, TBK 9/10, what does /mu/ advise next? the cute bunny albums?
>>
>>71237759
What didnt you like about the seer?
>>
>>71237584
>to be kind
>amazing percussion

oh wow, Filth is gonna be such a blast for you
>>
>>71237633
i think it's hypnotic, groovy, and has an atmosphere that is pretty unique. also the production is amazing, it sounds huge. it's a dynamic and exciting experience, but don't try listening to it when you're out and about, it'll get annoying.
>>
>>71237706
This album literally was Top 40 and massively acclaimed by Pitchfork and Fantano.
Maybe you're a bit deluded by what the average person likes.
>>71237759
Listen to The Great Annihilator.
>>
>>71237781
the longevity of the nothingness in some songs
it's just unnecessarily long and boring
>>
This is the best post-reunion album and I doubt Gira will top it if he keeps following in this logical evolution of sound he has with Seer, Kind and Glowing Man. He needs to change things up for the next one, go for something new.

Repetition built on simple guitar riffs was such a good fit.
>>
>>71237806
DESU I did think that A piece of the sky should have just been the last 5 minutes
>>
>>71237759
You obviously go for "The Glowing Man" it's the next in line of the trilogy you've been listening to.
>>
>>71237837
b-but everyone's shitting on it everywhere
>>
>>71237831
wha??? but the buildup makes it so much more satisfying when it comes. i also like the textures used throughout the droning buildup, but maybe it does go on a touch too long
>>
>>71237859
No, not a lot of people are shitting on it, it just didn't receive the same appraisal that the previous two did.

But you didn't like The Seer, and everybody loved that one. So why not give it a shot? Although given your criticism of The Seer, you might not love it. That said, The Glowing Man in terms of sound shares a lot in common with TBK.

So, do it.
>>
>>71237812
Gira has said they're not continuing with the whole Seer, Kind, Glowing Man, schtick moving forward.
>>
>>71237861
My problem is that all that build up and droning leads into a standard folk tune, to me the two parts of that song do nothing to compliment one another.
>>
>>71237951
I'm real excited about that. He's still touring and making new songs on the tour though so I don't know what that means, that's literally doing the same thing he did last.

But I suppose it all comes down to the studio time later, what he turns all that into. I hope he turns his focus on complexity, certain songs on To Be Kind to me felt very sharp, in a way other tracks on this era haven't (I would actually lump in Lunacy here). I want him to move away from the 20 minute songs with the numbing repetition and drones and try and focus on putting together some amazing songs under the 10 minute mark.
>>
>>71237226
Definitely a 10/10
>>
I listened to TBK on lsd and I remember crying with fear in the last song where he goes 'there a millions and millions of STARS' and then there's those big noise explosions where it sounds like god's gone evil and is roaring at you. That last track I've barely listened to since
>>
>>71237633
I didn't think of it that highly at first either but you can trick yourself into liking things with enough listens.

I like the sinister feel it has to it.
>>
>>71238233
I have to try this asap.
>>
>>71238394
It's a fucking spiritual experience
>>
>>71238844
>>71238394
Bring the Sun is also pretty fucking insane, and The Apostate, and A Piece of the Sky. I think The Seer is better than TBK on lsd but I say take a bunch and listen to them both and Children of God as well.
>>
Swans did the impossible of two 10/10 albums in a row (Seer and TBK) but The Seer is slightly better.
>>
>>71237226
Wolf > Crying baby
>>
I really enjoyed TBK, it had one of my favorite openings for an album this decade in Screenshot and I still jam out to it on the drums when I get bored.
>>71237759
Their latest album was pretty good, the title track is also pretty great while being as long as it is. Maybe listen to Greed next?
>>71237859
Its not as good as TBK but its still a fun listen.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.