[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /mu/ I'm currently covering Pink Floyd's T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: hamma.jpg (111KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
hamma.jpg
111KB, 425x425px
Alright /mu/
I'm currently covering Pink Floyd's The Wall in its entirety in a much more modern context.

>Translation: 8 string guitars tuned to drop E

But I'm staunchly against making songs heavy "just because". So there will be:
>no pointless breakdowns
>no pointless speeding up of songs
>no pointless slowing down of songs
>no pointless screaming just because heavy

With all that in mind, what the fuck am I gonna do with Run Like Hell? I'd honestly like your thoughts.
>demo of the first track to give you an idea
https://soundcloud.com/kill-everyone/in-the-flesh-demo
>>
File: wall.jpg (101KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
101KB, 600x250px
bump for "my daddy died in the war" the album
>>
You gonna change the drums sound? That sound a little obnoxious.
Or is that just because it's a demo
>>
>>71234535
demo asf m8

everything subject to change.
>>
RLH is quite heavy in the context of that album, ergo i think you should lighten it up with a casio or similar.

Also I'm following your SC and am watching your progress with great interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei994jO2VS8
>>
>>71234548 in that case it's a step in the right direction.
I feel as if songs like mother, and goodbye blue sky will be more of a challenge more than run like hell will be
>>
>>71234562
I'm interested to know what you mean by lighten it up with a casio. Please elaborate.

>>71234597
Mother is one of the few songs on the album to not contain any "heavy". It is more of a mashup of the album, live '80/81, k.a.o.s. '87, and current roger waters versions. Some of my finest work imo.

I'm drunk enough to upload mother to soundcloud. But listen while you can, when I sober up, I might delete it.
>>
>>71234634
>I'm interested to know what you mean by lighten it up with a casio. Please elaborate.

Like instead of rock drums use the rhythm feature as demonstrated in that video. The song is like the heaviest one on the original album so make it one of the lighter ones on your version.
>>
File: rogaa.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rogaa.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
>>71234597
Also, goodbye blue sky is going to be about half soft/half heavy. I'm in desperate need of a classical guitar player who can send me .wav files. I'll probably have to put the word out on le reddit, cause not many musicians are on /mu/ funny enough.

>>71234647
I watched the video and just couldn't picture it. I'm shooting for relentlessly heavy. There's already quite a few breaks in the clouds in Mother, Goodbye Cruel World, Is There Anybody Out There, Nobody Home, and Vera.
That's actually quite a few light tracks for a heavy album.
>>
File: momma.jpg (80KB, 520x430px)
momma.jpg
80KB, 520x430px
Here's Mother
https://soundcloud.com/kill-everyone/mother-demo

>get it while you can
>>
A list of Spare Bricks I'll be including in the setlist:
Jugband Blues
Keep Talking
The Final Cut
Not Now John
Original "Floyd" Song
>>
>>71234697
>I watched the video and just couldn't picture it
Fair nuff, was just brainstorming a bit. Thought it might be a bit of cheeky fun but I follow you.

>>71234747
Including a David Gilmour Presents™ Pink Floyd LLC® song eh?
>>
File: shadowband.jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
shadowband.jpg
76KB, 960x540px
>>
>>71234769
I appreciate the ideas. This whole process has been a constant brainstorm.

I feel like Keep Talking is very much in the same vein as Pink's wall narrative. I wanted to have a song from each writer in each era that still somehow tied into the theme of excess and self-isolation
>>
File: daveface.jpg (8KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
daveface.jpg
8KB, 274x184px
I'm getting pretty good at making pouty faces while bending the high strings.

So don't worry, it'll be accurate.
>>
But seriously....

What am I gonna do about that "4 on the floor" disco beat? I can't make it any less boring...
>>
You sleepy bastards.
I'll be back tomorrow.
You better have some ideas then.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.