[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on Moonchild /mu/. why do people defend this track?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

redpill me on Moonchild /mu/. why do people defend this track? whats the significance of all that retarded improv and why shouldnt it be shorter?
>>
it shouldn't be shorter because they didn't want it shorter
in all honesty they probably just didn't want to make a sixth or even seventh track
>>
It's something between jazzy improv and proto-ambient music. What's not to love?
>>
>>71232021

If you can't enjoy it the problem is in you and not the piece
>>
>>71232021
>unironically saying redpilll

Maybe you should just stay in your containment board >>>/pol/
>>
Do you even free improv? It's a quietly melodic section, very peaceful with interesting playing.
>>
>>71232124
as if id ever browse that shithole.
>>
>>71232154
You should maybe, I'm pretty sure that place will suit you very well.
>>
>>71232197
>Uses the term "redpill"
>Belongs on /pol/
>in saying that, acts more like a /pol/yard than OP ever did
Nice autism
>>
File: sEogJFy.jpg (40KB, 540x876px) Image search: [Google]
sEogJFy.jpg
40KB, 540x876px
>>71232197
y-you too
>>
>having ADD
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAusDxT4TSQ

Moonchild is truly patrician hence most people disliking it. Most people are plebs.
>>
>>71232269
If you don't get moonchild you are an absolute fucking pleb
>>
>>71232288
Can you not read?
It's a great song. The people who don't like it are objectively plebs.
>>
>>71232021
I personally love the song, to me the improvisation is like you're staying in that world they create

What I NEVER understood though about the song is the one false note in the singing melody, that's completely out of tune. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>71232021
>the average neo-/mu/ poster

poptimism killed this general
>>
there's nothing really great about it (or about the album in general) to the point you force yourself into liking it, it's just that it was influential and something new at the time
>>
>>71232362
i think for the most part its a great album. its just that i never really got why moonchild had that super long section of just improv and dead air and thought maybe there was some thematic relevance i was missing, so i hoped someone could explain it
>>
>>71232269
This scene made me love Moonchild
>>
>>71232021
It's because it's quite nice to listen to. It isn't as barren and empty as everyone makes it out to be. At this point I just guess it's pleb repellent. I never had a problem with that song. It is quite a good song in my opinion, and the fact that its quiet just makes in the court of the crimson king all the more dramatic.
>>
>Listens to a concept album
>complains about one of the """songs""" not being in a nice strophic structure

how about ending your pathetic existence you turbopleb
>>
>>71232596
ill do it anon! ill kill myself slowly and painfully with old age!
>>
>>71232409
Why does any jazz include improv? To see what sorts of ideas the musicians arrive at through off-the-cuff playing. The reason the improv on Moonchild is successful is because it isn't aimless "dead air," they create a lovely mood with subdued vibraphone and Fripp's guitar harmonics. It's somewhat ambient, very soothing, and sets up a vulnerable moment for the title track to come crashing in.
>>
>>71232021

It's not their best improv, but it is significant.

Mars, parts of Lizard, LTiA, Starless wouldn't be the same if we didn't know Fripp was like this from the start
>>
>>71232840
huh, yeah that makes sense. i went back and listened to it and this time with headphones and it was leagues better. perhaps its not as easy to pick up on through a stereo.
>>
>>71232021
>tfw I don't really even like the improv section that much but it makes me nostalgic for the times when I'd never heard something like it before so I defend it anyways
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.