[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bored and drunk ama professional touring classical pianist or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1487404854648.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487404854648.gif
2MB, 750x750px
bored and drunk
ama professional touring classical pianist
or don't, i'm sorry to have bothered you
>>
>>71231661
Nice gif, may I have it?
>>
>>71231661
Prove it.
>>
>>71231661
what should i have for breakfast tomorrow?
>>
>>71231661
Are you a fan of picrelated
>>
>>71231661
how big is your dick?
>>
>>71231670
Here it is the original

https://dreamcatalogue.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/scene1_wall_framed_only-reflection-girl_750px.gif
>>
>>71231735
I prefer pepe
>>
File: proof.jpg (2MB, 2706x3827px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
2MB, 2706x3827px
>>71231679
recent concert with timestamp and part of my personal sheet music collection in my apartment

>>71231693
i don't like eating breakfast, i'd say just a banana and some coffee

>>71231718
where's the pic

>>71231727
it's actually pretty big, which i have always been pleasantly happy about
>>
Favorite genres of music?
>>
>>71231769
The album you posted is this.

https://dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/--18

Listen to it, it's pretty great sonically.
>>
>>71231781
i enjoy hip-hop, shoegazey black metal, and experimental/noise rock a lot, when i'm traveling for long stretches of time i listen to a lot of young thug, liturgy, meshuggah, riff raff, og maco, liturgy, and swans. swans is probably my favourite band ever.

>>71231810
oh, you meant my original picture! yeah, i love a lot of vaporwave and i like that album a lot better than their more recent effort, that rain temple one.
>>
>>71231851
>>71231781
sorry for repeating liturgy twice i'm quite drunk
>>
>>71231851
I'm truly hoping you're memeing about the rap
>>
>>71231851
Are you more into the dreamy hypnagogic stuff?
>>
>>71231883
i'm not at all, i earnestly believe that "ignorant" hip-hop has much more musical value than what most people ascribe. let's take chief keef as an example:

1. his focus on melodic content/inflection over lyrical depth; in this aspect he is very similar to a new string of hip-hop artists like og maco and young thug who really aren't saying anything of consequence in their lyrics, but are simply attempting to distill a certain emotion down to its bare elements, so that we may understand what they are attempting to communicate even without reading a lyrics sheet; this is also similar to post-rock bands like sigur ros who often sing in gibberish that holds no inherent meaning aside from the purely musical non-verbal content it holds; in this aspect, chief keef is also very similar to non-vocal music as a whole, as we must intervene and find meaning without song texts as a guiding hand

2. the relationship between his personal life and his artistic output; in this aspect he is very similar to how we as classical musicians must study and analyze a composer's life in order to better see why a composer wrote what they did; chief keef is one of the few rappers who actually do what they rap about, akin to bobby shmurda's "hot n*gga" breakout hit, in which he explicitly talks about the violent gang life that he actually participates in; to fully understand chief keef's music one must study and learn about his life growing up in englewood, chicago's south side, as well as the culture around this area of the united states; without this information it is very difficult to interpret many things, like, on a purely visceral level, why his voice sounds the way that it does, and why he uses certain slang that he does, and on a deeper level, why he chooses the themes that he chooses, or the beats that he wants to rap over

[cont.]
>>
>>71231944
>>71231883
3. on a purely musical level i find what he brings to hip-hop music to be new, refreshing, and influential; there are now entire strings of hip-hop artists attempting to copy chief keef's style, aesthetic decisions, flow, etc. etc., he came into the rap game at a time when the cloud rap genre was gaining significant mainstream appeal, and he took this genre—with its emphasis on minimalist beats and laid-back flows, as well as an emphasis on space in relation to time—to new heights, with a distinctive drawl and beat selection that is instantly recognizable

in summary, i am not at all sarcastic nor ironic when i say that i believe artists like chief keef, bobby shmurda, og maco, and young thug are on the "same level" as beethoven, bach, liszt, and wagner; i am very exhausted of the argument that these artists are somehow worthless, that their music is without merit, that one should feel uncultured/guilty for listening to albums like "finally rich," or "trap lord," or "flockaveli"

>>71231924
i'm more into really aggressive stuff that i can play at irresponsibly loud levels
>>
>>71231959
So stuff like the more noise like Vektroid and some Christtt?
>>
>>71231985
yeah their stuff is amazing, i also like the corporate/consumer-vibe side with albums like "palm mall" or luxury elite's stuff.
>>
>>71232016
So you're also into mallsoft and whatnot? And yeah Luxury Elite's cool, she's also incredibly nice. Gave me advice early in my career in vaporwave.
>>
>>71232032
can you link some of your stuff? i can't believe you've talked to them.
>>
>>71231944
>>71231959
>critically analyzing rap

am saddened
>>
>>71232057
https://bludhoney.bandcamp.com/album/hold-it-together

https://soundcloud.com/wuso/sets/w-u-s-o-lonely-streets

Back in a live show on vaporwave.io we met.
>>
File: fuckin_perfect.jpg (93KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuckin_perfect.jpg
93KB, 450x600px
>>71232123
jesus you have no idea how much i like the soundcloud one, this is superb anon; atmosphere reminds me of burial, whom i really love too
>>
> my career in vaporwave
>>
>>71232149
Well more dreampunk, cyberpunk, ambient. But yeah
>>
>>71232140
Yeah it was pretty well received and I'm happy with it. Got a lot of praise from many artists I respect and admire, even HKE
>>
>>71231769
i don't see any rachmaninoff, liszt, or ravel; what are you doing?
>>
>>71232396
it was a very specific concert of the era of chopin, although i'm not a fan of french music, unfortunately; i've played tombeau and some debussy, as well as a lot of chamber music of other french composers (poulenc, milhaud) and i've never emotionally connected to any of it. just not for me, i guess.

as for rachmaninov, i'm preparing his third concerto for upcoming seasons and it's hellish, but i am a huge rocky fan. i hope to one day perform his etudes-tableaux in full; he does have some pitfalls, and i feel often that his shorter piano works are more effective than, say, his corelli variations, but he's still a lot of fun to perform.
>>
>>71232396
liszt is probably my favourite composer next to j.s. bach, and i'll be performing his sonata shortly in a few recitals. i love everything he's ever done.
>>
>>71232420
nice. maybe you don't like the french because you haven't played the good stuff yet ;)
i want to go back in time and suck faure's dick. i love his nocturnes, barcarolles and impromptus so much.

>>71232434
the d minor sonata?
>>
>>71232446
>the d minor sonata?
i'm dyslexic: d, p, q, b -- they're all the same to me. please disregard.
>>
>>71232434
>>71232446
liszt only wrote one piano sonata and it's in b-minor, though i'm sure that's what you meant

even faure is just... i don't know. i just can't get with it. i suppose i love satie, but that's not exactly fitting in with french idiom, he's a bit of an island musically. i've always had a thing for "ambient" music, brian eno is on heavy rotation for me.

>>71232466
yes yes don't worry i understand what you meant ;) i think it's one of the most staggering pieces of all of music, not only piano; the interplay of its themes and the emotional payoff is immense.
>>
>>71232490
actually i never knew that liszt only wrote one piano sonata -- that kind of surprises me.
i usually just listen to the transcendental etudes with no. 10 being the only one i bothered to learn. the sonetto del petrarco is pretty nice too -- not sure how i stumbled upon that one.

satie? now, i can't get into that.

how many hours a day do you practice?
i'm lucky if i get an hour a day in and it makes me sick; i wish i could play at least 4 hours a day but i have a day job that is unrelated to music. you lucky guy, you.
>>
>>71232633
even as a hobby it's incredibly fulfilling.

when i was just getting started i practiced two hours a day, then when i got into high school it was 4-8 depending on the day, and then in conservatory 4-6, and these days it's around 2-6 depending on if i've played a concert that day or not

the sonata after beethoven experienced a crisis, as did the symphony, because beethoven was so groundbreaking that composers were at a loss of what to do next; that's why brahms only wrote three sonatas, all while he was very young, before abandoning it, rachmaninov only wrote two, etc. etc. the sonata effectively grew out-of-style after beethoven.
>>
>>71232689
>4-8 while in high school
did you go to a special high school for the performing arts? that sounds awesome to be able to practice that much while in school.

damn beethoven and his sonatas. i suppose it would be good to learn some of those for perspective's sake. do you have any recommendations?
>>
>>71232779
there's a few that i think mark his stages as a composer, and many agree on; i'd say start with his very first, which exemplifies his beginning period, then op. 28 no. 15 "pastoral" for his middle period, as well as op. 31 no. 17 "moonlight" (note the huge extended passage with the pedal depressed throughout, truly revolutionary), then op. 78 no. 24 "a therese," beethoven's favourite before hammerklavier (and one of my favourites too), and then move on to his later period with the final three, opus 109, 110 (110 in particular deserves a huge study), and 111.

moonlight is fun just to know and is quite emotionally effective, but 110 will forever be the greatest in my eyes. the way a singular theme envelopes the entire work, and the triumphant ending after religious chorale-like beginning, and the most depressing middle section in any sonata, is just too good.

i didn't go to a special high school for the first half of my high school years, i just managed time well, and then the latter years i transferred to an arts high school, which was great.
>>
>>71232838
>the most depressing middle section in any sonata
that sounds amazing. i'm going to jump on these sonatas once i finish rach's 2nd sonata (revised version). i can't imagine anything more depressing than the second movement -- especially the part that kind of falls down chromatically and is revisited in the 3rd movement with really dense chords.

thank you, piano man. i hope you have a good night
>>
>>71232974
thanks for the company <3
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.