[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people who prefer the U.S. Rubber Soul over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 8c45c060ada018c173c1f110.L.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8c45c060ada018c173c1f110.L.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>There are people who prefer the U.S. Rubber Soul over the UK one

Holy shit lol

The U.S. one doesn't have Nowhere Man or If I Needed Someone. If it doesn't have Nowhere Man, it's not Rubber Soul, plain and simple.
>>
True
>>
>>71225005
ok
>>
>>71225005
Agreed, it's one of their best songs
>>
>>71225005
I've Just Seen a Face > Drive My Car
>>
>>
>>71225005
>The U.S. one doesn't have Nowhere Man or If I Needed Someone.
We have them on different albums.
Also, I would've thought more recent issues of the album would've correct this since I've never ever seen many of the US albums sold.

I have never, in my entire life, seen Meet the Beatles, Introducing the Beatles, The Beatles Second Album, A Hard Days Night, etc... in any record store I have been in. They almost exclusively sell the UK versions in the US and that's the way its been for years.
>>
>>71225005
I have the US itunes version and it has both, nigger.
>>
Nowhere Man's cringe af
>>
>>71225005
It's unfortunate that it doesn't have Nowhere Man but it balances out much more nicely.
>>
Rubber Soul is absolutely the most overrated album from the Beatles.
>>
Never ranked this amongst their 'classic' albums, always sounds like one step closer to greatness.
The band was still touring their balls during this time so they sound a bit knackered on some of the songs.
I quite like the US version starting with 'I've Just Seen a Face'.
>>
Only the now 60 year olds who grew up with them prefer the US versions.
>>
>>71225613

maybe but it has "in my life", one of the better straightforward love songs ever written
>>
>>71225372
Eh, I got the Beatles Second Album in an antique store a year ago
>>
>>71225372
Hard Day's Night is a UK album
>>
File: SgtPepper.jpg (315KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
SgtPepper.jpg
315KB, 1220x1220px
>>71225613
*ah-hem*
>>
>>71226374
I got it handed down from mom. When she was a kid she drew all over the cover and vinyl with crayon because she decided that she liked the Monkees more. Miraculously it plays like new.
>>
>>71225613
To each his own, I think Rubber Soul is pure melodic perfection. It's not a "grab you by the balls great" album like Abbey road or Revolver, but it's relaxingly great. It's the perfect summer album.

If you think about it, your typical demos to songs have more going on in them than the Beatles finished versions on Rubber Soul yet....nothing is missing. Every note and sound counts, with nothing seemingly tacked on or superfluous. There is a beauty to that in my book.
>>
>>71225005
Yup
>>
One of the greatest ayy lmao albums of all time
>>
>>71225613
>overrated

It's the least popular of their famous albums though.
>>
>>71225101
what the fuck
>>
bamp
>>
>>71225005
UK Rubber Soul is better than U.S., but I prefer the gold color scheme on the U.S. one as opposed to the orange Brit one
>>
>>71225101
It's Only Love > What Goes On
>>
>>71225613
Rubber Soul is one of the comfiest albums ever made.
>>
>>71225613
>most overrated album
>when Abbey Road exists.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.