[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck are my music makers at? I mean the professionals,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: rgs-jhs-mxrdcdr__2_1024x1024.jpg (20KB, 487x390px) Image search: [Google]
rgs-jhs-mxrdcdr__2_1024x1024.jpg
20KB, 487x390px
Where the fuck are my music makers at? I mean the professionals, not you bitches using a Yeti and thinking it sounds amazing. I'm wanting to take the leap into further pro territory, on a budget of 3-4 thousand. I need some better options for compression and EQ, preferably analogue. Also a good condenser mic, I've found used Neuuman 193s for $895. Somewhere around a thousand is what I'm looking for, I want something rich that'll make any voice or instrument sound nearly perfect.

As for the more serious guitarists around, I'm wanting either a Rickenbacker or a Gibson Les Paul. But as for the Les Pauls, there's so many ones to choose from and I haven't yet got into a Guitar Center somewhere to try some out. What's your recommendation?

Thanks /mu/fags, I know some of you know your shit.
>>
yo fuck your neumanns, get a cad e300s or a m179 for 1/3-1/8th that price. Neumanns are so fucking overrated it's ridiculous. Also there's a big sound gap between a rickenbacker and a les paul, this makes me think you're an aesthetician poser, just get a knockoff with similar specs are those two and switch out the pickups and pots for something higher end and voila. If you have this budget cuz ur a rich fag I hate you.
>>
>rickenbacker
>or a gibson les paul
???????
>>
ask yourself why you want to get analogue eq or compression and if the answer includes the word warmth then don't
>>
>falling for the analog jew
>literally 2017
>>
>I want something rich that'll make any voice or instrument sound nearly perfect
you're an idiot
>>
>>71213999
You mean you can't just buy technical ability or skills to effectively use effects? Are you some sort of idiot, all you need to do is buy expensive shit and it always sounds great.
>>
>>71214062
Gibson LP straight into a Marshall stack
all you need my man
>>
File: image.jpg (314KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314KB, 640x360px
My sincere advice to you is buy a squire and use your cell phone to record.

You don't need a bunch of products and plastic crap to do the things you want. Somewhere along the way someone convinced you you had to have all this fashionable shit to be a real musician, but you don't. These expensive guitars, amplifiers, microphones, are tools. I'm not saying they're useless, but they aren't a prerequisite for being a musician.

All these songs were recorded with inferior technology than whatever you're using to post here, and all of them have genius production:

The Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be Nice? (MONO. Fucking MONO)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBKFoeDKJo

The Beatles - Tommorrow Never Knows (4-tracks)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8

Neutral Milk Hotel - Naomi (4-track + tape deck)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ooj6pEd6YM

Have a Nice Life - Bloodhail (home recorded with a mid-2000s laptop mic. famously shitty sounding, but does that hurt it?)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY

The Olivia Tremor Control - Peculiar Noise Called Train Director
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtAuaVppW4

The point is, your tools are only as good as you. I think this might have come off mean-spirited, but I'm trying to give you advice.

If you want gear recs, ask /gg/. I use a bottom-shelf Ibanez acoustic and iPhone. I got the Ibanez because it was on sale.
>>
>>71214182
yeah, that's awful advice dude

and to be clear something being mixed in mono does not at all mean it was mixed with poor quality equipment

and also everyone knows the beatles four track mixes were mixed in parts which were then subsequently mixed down into group tracks much in essentially that any other modern mix is done anyway
>>
File: image.png (671KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
671KB, 1000x800px
>>71214239
so what's stopping you from being a musician now? You can't record your opus using FL studio or garageband on whatever you have available to you?

What I'm talking about is a question of mentality. We tend to default to solving our problems by buying something. Fat? Buy weight watchers food. Cold? Buy medicine. Bored? Buy netflix.

These aren't necessarily bad solutions, the issue is that we default to the consumerist option, when there are other options that are more conducive to personal growth. Why not just, like, eat healthier? Why not make your own fun?

Instead of buying a new guitar, why not just git fucking gud?

I'm speaking as someone sitting on an unused keyboard and a box of effects pedals.
>>
>>71214182
Fucking this.
OP is a talentless faggot with a rich dad.
>>
>>71214332
I'll take those pedals off your hands senpai
>>
ITT: poorfags making themselves feel better. You can make music with shit gear, but if you have the money it's definitely nice to get more.

Seriously though OP, if you're regurlarly around drum sets or blaring amps, spend $200 of your budget and get some really nice molded earplugs from an audiologist. If you're seriously about a music career it will add 30+ years to the life of your ears.
>>
>>71214332
ok dude good for you enjoy using garageband lmfao
>>
>>71213696
>not you bitches using a Yeti and thinking it sounds amazing
It sounds better than most equally cheap dog shit, you fuck.
>>
>>71214182
What good would a squire do if OP isn't a knight?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.