[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never see Bill Callahan/Smog get any love here. Any other fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: red falls.jpg (76KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
red falls.jpg
76KB, 500x449px
I never see Bill Callahan/Smog get any love here. Any other fans of his music hiding out there?
>>
>>71208605
I love Bill and Smog with all my heart. Saw him twice in the last couple weeks. Julius Caesar is underrated af
>>
yee
>>
MORNING PAPER
IS ON ITS WAY
AND ITS ALL BAD NEWS
ON EVERY PAGE
>>
>>71208735
I'm so fucking jealous. I want to see him live so badly. I'm partial to Knock Knock myself.
>>
he's my favourite lyricist ever
i don't listen to a whole lot of new singer songwriter folk stuff but when i do it's usually disappointing compared to bill
>>
>>71208802
Permanent Smile comes to mind.
>>
>>71208797
He played River Guard which I had always kind of glossed over, definitely one of the standouts of the evening. Have you checked out many of his covers?

>>71208802
Bill, David Berman, and Dan Bejar are my trinity
>>
>>71208839
I didn't even realize he did many covers. You may have to link me to a few.
>>
I've only heard Apocalypse. I thought it was alright but there was a lot of room to improve, particularly when it comes to his energy level/general liveliness. Any recommendations as to where I should go from here?
>>
>>71208867
I started with the Smog material as opposed to when he just went by his name. Check out OP's pic related and Dongs of Sevotion. Those are probably the most accessible. I fell in love Bill after listening to Dongs.
>>
>>71208856
Kath Bloom cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnUi7TwWn6o

Leonard Cohen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKoE7RKx2k

He also did a cover of Easy Wind by The Greatful Dead which was on spotify, then a cover of Lonesome Valley.

This is also cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXQHdCv09Xg
>>
>>71208897
Thanks man! I'll try to take an album with Dongs in the title as seriously as I possibly can.
>>
>>71209020
Thanks for the links! I'm gonna check these out.

>>71209043
No problem man, some of the songs are pretty funny though in all honesty. Just looking to spread some love for this great artist around.
>>
>>71208735
Did he play any new songs? I'm desperately hoping this is the year he comes back with a new album and tour
>>
>>71209192
Not to my knowledge, but my fingers are crossed for the same thing.
>>
I think Bill just had a kid and that's why less touring.
>>
>>71209622
for somebody who released an album either every year or every second year since 1990 it's been weird having him gone for so long
>>
>>71209676
He's a family man now. Good for him. I think he's playing some shows in Cali soon though.
>>
>>71209192
He didn't, didn't mention any plans or anything either unfortunately.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.