[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some guy I work with tried to tell me that this is the best rap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Some guy I work with tried to tell me that this is the best rap album blah blah blah.

and I was like its not really that amazing.

then he gets mad and tries to convince me that there aren't any rappers doing what Kenrick is doing yada yada yada.

I was just kind of like, well the things Kendrick raps about are issues the hip-hop community has been dealing with since the beginning of hip hip and its not that new.

thoughts?
>>
>>71198862
Yes, he is rapping about the same subjects that are stereotypical of hip hop. But he puts fresh ideas into them. As well as the masterful production he's been putting out.
No one else is on Kendrick's level right now. Your co-worker is right and you are wrong.
>>
>>71198953
>being this much of a pleb
>Y-yeah, he's doing the same thing that rappers have been doing for twenty years, but the production is better!
>Also Fantano gave it a 10
>N-Nobody is on Kendrick's level!
Neck yourself, drone.
>>
>>71198953
>He puts fresh ideas into them

Such as?,
>>
>>71198862
how does it feel to have an opinion so devastatingly wrong that you have to cry to a tibetan knitting website for validation?
>>
It's a common normie opinion. He's the best out right now, for me.
>>
>>71198994
Kendrick sucks, you pathetic pleb. OP is right.
>>
it probably is the best rap album of the last ~5 years or so years.

Kanye and Drake are pretty much the only male artists on Kendrick's level and they haven't put out anything as good as TPAB lately
>>
>>71199025
>le edgy contrarian maymay

develop some taste you backwoods hack
>>
>>71199039
i have better taste than you idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejtzsZq7A44
>>
>>71198986
>>71198984

https://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-how-much-a-dollar-cost-lyrics
>>
its shite
>>
>>71199052
Backwoods hack status confirmed.

Acquaint yourself with a dumpster.
>>
>>71199230
This isn't anything fresh
>>
>>71198986
Thundercat
>>
>>71199314
Generic
>>
people are really overstating his "innovation"
>>
>>71198862
yeah why doesn't he take cues from all these other artists and make songs about brand new topics like loneliness and love and shit
>>
>>71198862
I think Good Kid M.A.A.D City was better
>>
>>71198862
gonna suck when all of that is taken away with his next release, if he ever manages one again.

I think Kendrick knows he cannot outdo himself on his next project, and he has gigantic shoes to fill.

But it's going to be shit, more than likely. Unless he takes his message to generic Trap music, and everyone praises it for being "groundbreaking" much like they did with TPAB (which it wasn't).
>>
>>71198984
kendrick has raised the bar for lyricism in the mainstream much like kanye did for production
you're just spouting memes
>>
>>71199790
He hasn't raised the bar for anything
>>
>>71199892
this
>>
>>71198984
what rappers from 20 years ago does kendrick sound like?
>>
>>71200008
Tupac, Biggie, A Tribe Called Quest--he takes from all of them.
>>
>>71199790
>raised the bar for lyricism

His lyricism is mediocre at best
>>
>>71198862
Good Kid MAAD City is like 10 times better, also untitled unmastered and even section 80

TPAB is his most meh work
>>
>>71199032
um drake should not be compared to kanye and kendrick

he's phenomenal at blending trends into his own style, but hes contributed very little to the genre.
>>
>>71200254
I agree It just doesnt have it.
>>
I avoid any thread featuring Kendrick like the fucking plague and NEVER want to contribute, but I had to join the discussion to say HE FUCKING SUCKS AND HE IS A FUCKING MANLET INDUSTRY PLANT JUST FUCK OFF
>>
>>71200404
No.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.