[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to pierce the story for their concepts by only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: glam_metal.jpg (253KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
glam_metal.jpg
253KB, 625x417px
Is it possible to pierce the story for their concepts by only listening to the records? I'm new to C&C's music, would love some advice on were to start and the order I should listen to their stuff or just get the comics instead.
>>
Listen to Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness about 20 times in a row. then listen to all of their albums in order of release. Then finish it off with Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness followed by Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow for good measure.
>>
The story is such a convoluted mess that I'm unconvinced Claudio himself knows what the fuck is going on. The music is pretty good though.
>>
What's it about?
>>
>>71182091
I listened to three or so songs and completely loved it. I was expecting something different from what I got, but I'm still a lyric freak. Is the comic books a good option to getting shit right?

>>71182235
Some sci-fi stuff I believe. From what I heard, it's about a star system made of 70 so planets connected in a triangular shape by star beams. The name of the band is the name of the main characters.
>>
I think they made a comic series to go along with it that probably is easier to decipher than just the lyrics
>>
>>71183171
I think the comics are supposed to be decent. I feel like I read something about a novel at some point but I'm not sure it ever came to pass.
>>
The first two albums are coherent enough to follow, after that it starts getting a bit convoluted
>>
It's literally the most juvenile story you can imagine. 90% of it is ineptly ripped off from Star Wars (and star wars fucking sucks to begin with).
>>
GA: 1 is by far their best album. Personal favorite is SSTB bc of the post-hardcore feel & nostalgia. The Willing Wells are the fucking insane.
>>
>>71183171
>connected in a triangular shape by star beams. The name of the band is the name of the ma
But that's crackers
>>
The amory wars are great comics. Wait until they re-release GA: 1 in the style of the original comics. It's coming real soon. The first GA graphic novel blew.
>>
>>71184775
You obviously have not read them lol
>>
>>71182064
This is a seriously underrated comment by someone who knows their discog really well. Listen to this OP.
>>
>>71182064
>>71185047
I actually did read it, but didn't quite understood why Good Apollo 1 should be heard so much. That means that if I don't like this album, I won't like anything else? I'm asking this since all the songs I heard where from albums that came before this one.
>>
>>71185002
I was a hardcore fan until No World For Tomorrow came out. I've read each iteration of the comics (but not the black rainbow book). I used to theorize about the story on their message boards.

I'm very familiar with the story. Believe me when I say, it's utter shit. It doesn't make sense because he made it up as he went along. Claudio just sucks at writing. You can trace nearly every single thing about story pre-Good Apollo back to Star Wars. Even the guy from My Chemical Romance is a much more skilled comics writer than Claudio.
>>
>>71185114
I am a diehard Coheed fan. Hate everything after No World. I hated GA:1 when it came out. Definitely focus on the willing wells, maybe mother may i, and once upon your dead body. The magic lies in how fucking hard some of those parts are to play and the transitions between movements of the song.

If you still can't dig it, check out SSTB. Fav tracks are everything evil and delirium trigger.
>>
>>71185258
>>71185222
Seriously the drums are crazy. Eppard on heroin was godlike. He only used one bass pedal. Remember that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.