[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys find new music? With Hip-Hop it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1354322253414.png (648KB, 596x594px) Image search: [Google]
1354322253414.png
648KB, 596x594px
How do you guys find new music?
With Hip-Hop it's pretty easy, but with anything else I tend to have to look at Pitchfork , or Fantano to see what's worth listening to in other genres
>>
>>71174681
Hon the boys
>>
>>71174681
Search random shit or look for playlists on spotify, use google translate on this formula to find asian/foreign music and also search the esoteric section of RYM. If you know a good record store or thrift shop and have a record/cassette player buy things that look good from there.
>>
Plebbit/r/listentothis
Sometimes I find something cool, but requires a lot of scouting
>>
Lurk chart threads, and if you see some overlap with your own taste, check out what they're listening to.
>>
>>71174748
I agree, reddit is only good if you mostly ignore the frontpage.
>>
>>71174748

it's 90% anime video with lo-fi hiphop but it can be ok
>>
who are they?
>>
>>71175776
Anthony Fantano and Myke C-Town
>>
>>71174681
It's tough but RYM is helpful, and as a metal listener Metal Injection's Weekly Injection is great, I mean their opinions are garbage but they compile pretty much every release worth caring about every week.
>>
>>71175786
it's Anthony My Wife's Son Fantano-Olatunji to (You)
>>
>>71176091
oh sorry senpai
>>
>>71174681
>got to RYM
>click charts
>enter genre/year
>profit
>>
>>71174681
for older music that's new to me I just use rym, progarchives or my dad's collection

I don't really keep up with new music actively anymore. it would mostly just be if there's a new artist on a label I like or I hear someone namedropped in an interview. I used to follow all new releases pretty actively until I realised most of it felt kinda disposable and the process was more about keeping up with the zeitgeist than actually listening out of a purely musical interest. that's especially true of hip hop, of all genres
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.