[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it socially acceptable to like bossa nova if you're not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: bossanova.jpg (43KB, 441x295px) Image search: [Google]
bossanova.jpg
43KB, 441x295px
Is it socially acceptable to like bossa nova if you're not a 35 year old woman?
>>
>>71174415
If you are a humanities student in Brazil you are basically obligated to enjoy Bossa Nova
>>
>implying you wouldn't baing a milf 35yo
>>
>>71174415
You're pathetic.
>>
>>71174415
lolno, doolittle is way better
>>
>>71174511
You're not very specific.
>>
>>71174663
>g-guys is it OK for me to l-like this?
>>
File: Jorgeben_samba_esquema_novo.jpg (54KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
Jorgeben_samba_esquema_novo.jpg
54KB, 600x606px
>>71174415
absolutely, but MBP is better. Start with this.
>>
>>71174715
I said socially acceptable, not if /mu/ in particular thought it was OK.

I'm naturally uninhibited, so I have to rein in my socially unacceptable tendencies. Tender horseflesh like you starts bristling when norms are violated - in your case, the norm is "b urslef," as taught by schoolteachers, cartoons, and sitcoms; in fact, conformists these days always insist that they are non-conformists. Without fail.
>>
Surfer Rosa is their best albuk and anyone that disagrees has shit taste.
>>
>implying Getz/Gilberto isn't great
>>
>>71174415
It's groovy baby, get into it.
>>
>>71174761
Chega de Saudade is a better entry level album to Brazilian music
>>
>>71175067
you can like whatever the fuck you want you faggot, go jump off a bridge.
>>
>>71175165
Jorge is widely regarded as the entry point into mbp from bossa, both chronologically and based on its composition and instrumentation.
>>
>>71175067
not gonna disagree with you about what conformists say and do but literally nobody cares what you listen to unless they have to hear it too. Or if youre a qt grill but then they still dont actually care
>>
>>71174761
Why have I heard the first track of this album before?
>>
>>71174415
No not usually but the rhythm takes a lot of practice to get right. It helps to learn the notation.

Cha cha cha Cha
Dun dit di dun dit
>>
>>71176472
It was on the Rio soundtrack
It's a famous song with lots of covers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mas_que_Nada
>>
If you say "I like bossa nova" you might encounter some resistance

If you say "I like jazz especially Brazilian jazz", you might not
>>
35 year old women don't particularly care for music

they're years past their "music phase" when they were 13-25.

they've blow out their bulbs by that point, what with irresponsible ecstasy use during raves and festivals, marijuana "chill sessions w/ the gurlz" in their dorm rooms in college, many drunken nights at the club, etc

music isn't the same for them anymore - they've blown themselves the fuck out; just atrophied their fun receptors and the like

their brains are all shriveled and prune-like by that age

all the juicy, tasty bits of life are well over by that point
>>
>>71176219
Sure Jorge Ben is amazing, but I think that Chega de Saudade works a little better as a starting because is shorter, the instrumentation is simpler, the lyrics are more universally related and is influential as hell. So for a non-brazilian I think Chega de Saudade works better as a starting point. As for a brazilian (like myself) everything works as a starting point really.
>>
>>71174496
This 2bh
>>
File: manny.jpg (6KB, 108x137px) Image search: [Google]
manny.jpg
6KB, 108x137px
>tfw spend a lot of time drinking martinis alone in your Palm Springs mid-century modern house listening to essential bachelorpad core and being sad
at least a tiki bar opened up a couple blocks away, maybe I should drink there
>>
>>71178341
oh c'mon that sounds fun
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.