[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me a detailed timeline of what happened to Kanye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1455425251004.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1455425251004.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
Can someone give me a detailed timeline of what happened to Kanye West between 2008-2010 and what lead him to creating what is considered his masterpiece, and one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time?
>>
>>71173070
From what I know he was stressed and his mental well-being was deteriorating. He left for Hawaii, essentially exiling himself. From here he spent a shit load of Def Jams money on hiring producers and talent for all the features. Everyone just kind of came together and created a masterpiece.
>>
Overrated album.
>>
Yes I can.

>2007: Graduation is a huge success. He plans on proposing to his longtime GF (since before college dropout gf). His mother, whom he loves dearly and raised him alone wants to get plastic surgery.
>2007~2008: his mother dies due to complications in surgery. He spirals out of control, losing the light of his life. He proposes to gf and she denies him and walks out.
>2008: depressed and suicidal, he flies off to Paris, then tokyo, just getting fucked up and avoiding everyone. He makes 808s and heartbreaks, using auto tune because he felt like a sad robot with no heart left. (See spike jonze short film) infamous Taylor Swift incident.
>2009: he realizes he had fucked up real bad, and would be in the bargain bin with the other wash ups soon if he didn't redeem himself. Gathers his favorite artists together from (bon iver, pusha, ty $, etc). Flies them to a mansion in Hawaii to stay with them for an entire summer. Works day and night (literally, sleeping in studio) to make something he believed could redeem himself
>2010: succeeds.

Kanye West has an extremely interesting life. I can't help but watch every doc, interview etc.
>>
>>71173070
I listened through this whole album recently, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed it, as someone who doesn't normally like rap

The amount of samples I could recognize and the many features gives this album an almost collage-esque feeling, along with Kanye head-on owning a douchebaggery persona
>>
>>71173264
Does he actually have a working head on his shoulders
>>
>>71173269
Yeah it has a very maximalist aesthetic. Tons of samples, tons of features artists
>>
>>71173070
the way I saw it was Kanye makes 4 records that are ok fans go mental for him
Kanye realises how vapid and unfulfilling celebrity culture and the lifestyle is
Makes MBDTF
coincides with a large public realisation of the same
I believe in some part he made it because of how it was feeling, that it was popular and struck a chord with the feeling of the time was an accident

he accidentally made one of the best albums of the decade
none of his albums will ever reach this peak because of this
>>
>>71173274
He's a multi millionare married (with children) to one of the biggest female celebrities on the planet and you're shitposting on a Vietnamese cartoon imageboard, so I would say yes he does
>>
>>71173315
Sorry, I was just asking because of the mixed responses about his intelligence I get about him from other people
>>
>>71173333
Your first problem is taking 99% of these dumbasses seriously. There are valid criticisms of Kanye, but most you'll read here come from racism or jealousy, or a disposition to rap music. If you watch any interview he's done it's not hard to figure him out - he's smart, extremely ambitious, definitely has some mental health issues he's dealing with (my guesses go to aspergers, anxiety, depression) but he has a good heart. Questioning his intelligence is just futile, if you look at his career and the fact that he was able to start out producing tracks for Jay-Z and ending up becoming one of the most influential hip hop artists of all time.
>>
didnt his mom die AFTER mbdtf?

the whole reason for mbdtf was because his fiance left him or some shit.
>>
>>71173379
oh shit im in a alternate dimension. i thought 808's came out after MBDTF wtf? this is weird man where am i?
>>
>>71173274
He has mental issues, like all artists, but he is truly a visionary.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.