[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about Drake biting XXXTENTACION'S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 4

File: debate.png (295KB, 433x369px) Image search: [Google]
debate.png
295KB, 433x369px
How do you guys feel about Drake biting XXXTENTACION'S flow? I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

Video for reference if you're not aware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU8U8yrjbDQ

IMO: I'm not very surprised, Drake has done it before so I wouldn't put it past him to bite a smaller artist who's gained a cult like following so quickly.
>>
>>71168566
I pray that I'm never bored enough to give a half a damn about this nonsense.
>>
not even a creative flow really but yeah drake probably stole it cause hes drake
>>
>>71168582
I don't really give a shit but it's just funny to see what Drake is trying to do to stay relevant and get airtime on the radio.
>>
>>71168566
fake corporate rap bloodsport culture

is what it is
>>
I mean, its hard to say he didn't even if he is telling the truth. This guy and his song blow up, and suddenly here's Drake with his song with a similar flow. Not to mention him already being accused for biting and using younger artists for their talents. It'll blow over like always though, no one cares because its Drake.
>>
>>71168751
No one gives a fuck.

Stop trying to sell fake beef and WWE bullshit.
>>
>>71168784
>Drake is all time favourite artist! Don't you dare call him out on anything!
>>
Drake the type of nigga who spit a freestyle reading it off his blackberry.
>>
File: 1486971527262.png (637KB, 1386x1659px) Image search: [Google]
1486971527262.png
637KB, 1386x1659px
who cares? unless drake's next release is something as good as If You're Hearing This he's toast
>>
>>71168566
>8
Sounds like a generic rap flow.
>>
>>71168784
I wasn't trying to sell fake beef. My point was that no one will care either way even if its true.
>>
>>71168807
>>71168821
fuck shills

everyone ought to watch this:

https://youtu.be/eXyb98mY5rk
>>
File: ificouldmememyself.png (501KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ificouldmememyself.png
501KB, 500x500px
XXXTENTACION SHILLS FUCK OFF
>>
>>71168829
I swear drake only makes music to be played on the radio now and he's only trying to appeal to what people like other than what he actually wants to do.
>>
>>71168920
Nobody is shilling X. All that's been said is they wouldn't put it past Drake to bite another persons style of rapping.
>>
Triplet flows existed in the late 80s in Memphis.
>>
>>71168566
I don't care, because I don't listen to crap music.
>>
Drake has always stolen flows to keep his music relevant.
>>
>>71170451
it doesn't get any jewier than this post

fake beef. fake drama. fake industry
>>
>>71170470
he has. from migos to makonnen to whoever he collaborates with he bites their style to stay relevant and current. he's not the only rapper that does that either. not only that but his flow sounds exactly the same as xxx's here without the aye in it, the hi hats are even similar

so

yeah
>>
>>71170564
who gives a half a fuck? this fake phony pseudo-black culture shit is corny as all fuck.

like a bunch of dead inside assholes at a dog fight.
>>
>there are people that literally defend drake stealing musical styles
>>
because hes rapping triplets?
>>
>>71170564
Fake
>>
>>71170626
no one cares. this is some trivial shit.
>>
>>71170626
rappers have been jacking each other's flows long before Drake even dropped out of his dads ballsack

If that's your only complaint you don't know shit about hiphop
>>
>>71170658
>>71170660
>>
>>71170670
>I have nothing to refute either of you
>>
>>71170670
No one cares Ezra. It's fake. It's not from HipHop. It's tabloid shit. It's got no soul, and really isn't art.
>>
ITT:
>stop dickriding xxx but drake is the best and can get away with being the most unoriginal human being of all time yes i can dickride drake because im cool
>>
>>71170623
you obviously do with this impassioned response
>>
>>71170710
nigga no one cares about (((Drake))) or this tomato can they set up to take the fall.

Fuck off.
>>
>>71170686
>>71170701
>>71170726
>>
>All the retards ITT crying about drake using triplet flows

I bet you faggots couldn't name a single Lord Infamous/Skinny Pimp song.

Lil Uzi Vert has been rapping like that before X and uses the word "Yeah" and the end of his line, why don't you dickriders mention that if you want to be talking about people biting other peoples flow.
>>
>>71168566
thats flows not unique
>>
>>71170660
It's just the fact how he's so hyped up as an amazing rapper and he's biting someones style who's still coming up.
>>
>>71168566
rap flows and deliveries are often recycled. the shilling of this kid is off the top

>>71170735
exactly
>>
>>71170735
You're right its not unique because its been outright stolen by a madman who made millions off of others' creativity and will inevitably do it again
>>
>>71170731
>>71170733
>>71170735
>>71170747
https://genius.com/Yasiin-bey-the-rape-over-lyrics
>>
>>71168566
it shows how ignorant XXXTENTACION fans are of the genre if they think he was the first one to ever have flow like that
>>
AYE
CANT KEEP MY DICK IN MY PANTS
AYE
YUH
>>
>>71170726
>(((Drake)))
he's hosting the 1st annual (((NBA))) (((awards show)))
>>
>>71168566
Drake might've stolen it since he is a culture vulture, but then again rapping in triplets is nothing new.
>>
>>71168852
despite being kinda full of himself mos def is really right on with this. the beef stuff is being merged with celebrity culture at an even closer level with shit like twitter and tmz added to the mix. I still think drake is a culture vulture and probably a plant but if anything this type of drama just helps to keep him relevant cause people are talking about him.
>>
>>71168566

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghy6YCEV-j0

drake has always been low-key a very shady artist
but this is not a new thing in the hip-hop realm.
I remember reading some tweets about a guy claiming that T-scott stole a lot of his beats that appeared on rodeo.

and birds became suspiciously a very low-quality

you really cant idolize most rappers/artist
>>
>>71171062
>probably a plant
definitely a plant
>>
I don't understand how xxxs style is so unique. It's mainly burst rapping is it not?
>>
>>71171062
>despite being kinda full of himself mos def is really right on with this.
"we're the only culture this atmosphere is constructed around"

He's 100% right.
>>
>>71171101

source of where I found the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYb3RmFREYI

dad rock fags may have to fact check me but
there was also a rock band..I think Led Zepplin who stole most of their songs from some no name band

its common that most mega stars or artist are fucking thief's and it sucks when you find that shit out.

I personally think that Drake is going full nuclear and is just not hiding anymore about stealing peoples shit because people will believe him like:
>>71168829
>>71168784
>>
>>71171253
no one gives a fuck. this fake corporate rap beef shit is wack. fuck off
>>
>>71171239
>"we're the only culture this atmosphere is constructed around"
"Mandingo culture of rap"

mfw (upload failed)
>>
>>71171253
your a dorable
>>
Why do XXXstans have the cranial capacity of a potato?
>>
>>71171359
Why do 14 year olds feel the need to be contrarian faggots?
>>
>>71168924
Damn bruh, that's deep shit there.
>>
>>71171239
idk if its the only culture with rivalries, i mean beatles stones, blur oasis, prince mj. What struck me is how its being orchestrated and controlled under the guise of naturally occurring beef in the hip hop community when its really just a publicity stunt for drake and some up and comer who both will receive attention as a result instead of naturally gaining hype from their music. people forget that drakes been doing this since he stepped on waynes shoulders back when wayne was hot shit
>>
>>71168566
niggers making noises with their mouths
>>
>>71172179
t. Levi Leibowitz
>>
>>71171359
>>71171376
why do drake dick riders not even have the mental capacity of a potato?
>>
damn who the fuck cares. it is fucking rap. like rap in 2017 who gives a fuck this is played-out internet beef thats just giving this XXX dude press
>>
>>71168566
X is a stupid faggot. Whines about Drake stealing a 15 second part flow when he himself stole his whole flow from Lil Uzi Vert on that track. The hipocrisy is real
>>
Idc but free X desu
>>
There's no way he's the first person to have used that "flow." It's too simple. I'm sure it's been used in at least five rap songs predating him.
>>
>>71170347
no migos invented them
>>
>>71170347
I love Memphis hip-hop (literally grew up in Memphis), but this shit is not rocket science. Their art was great because of the thematic elements, not because of the vocal technique. Lyrically great and all, but all of these kids on the internet making a huge deal about "flow" don't realize that rapping has not been around long enough for it to be extremely technical like poetry, most "flows" are in fact extremely basic, but that it doesn't matter because music is music. Claiming that these rappers are stealing each other's flows is like claiming that a drummer is stealing another drummer's fills when they play a fucking paradiddlediddle. This whole thing is the rap equivalent of youtube drama.
>>
ive been obsessed with look at me since the story about him biting it came out, so thanks drake
>>
>>71168920
i like xxxtentacion but :^ )
>>
>>71168566
>two chimps chimping out at each other
Ask me if I care
>>
>>71172915
holy shit this
>>
>>71168566

>Stealing rapping in triplets.

OP, have you heard any rap music in the last 5 years??
>>
he uses this on fake love for a bit too "Somethin' ain't right when we talkin"

not to mention you could probably find some bars on a hundred other trap songs that follow that exact pattern

t. someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, but i don't see what's original about this. there's a reason you can't copyright a rhythm pattern.
>>
>>71168566
Why does X sound like he's 12
>>
>>71172915
>Their art was great because of the thematic elements, not because of the vocal technique.

Making a horrorcore beat wasn't enough in Memphis, if you honestly believe that then you know nothing about the scene you claim to love.

>rapping has not been around long enough for it to be extremely technical like poetry

The is one of the dumbest statements ITT. If you mean vocal devlivery then perhaps you've never been to a poetry recital in your life because rapping is inherrently more complex than any poetry recital, I dare you to post something contrary.

If by claiming rap "lacks technicality" in a more prose sense, then you're still wrong. Maybe you're argument made sense in the 80s, but not anymore. Rap can be extremely techinal in its ability to create narratives through complex rhyme patterns. You can it have unique delviveres such as stream of consciousness or freestylin which is verbal free writing.

In short, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>71172711
ur dumb
>>
>>71172460
he's been out on bond for a while

real xxxstans know that, hes just scamming idiots for money
>>
>>71168672
oh shut up
Drake is having no trouble staying relevant and he doesn't need to rely on stealing flows from hacks like x
>>
ITT: drake fans who have never heard an X song outside of look at me
>>
File: 1476670861491.png (491KB, 704x503px) Image search: [Google]
1476670861491.png
491KB, 704x503px
>>71174826
>Drake is having no trouble staying relevant
>>
>>71173599
T. Tech9 fan
Why is all hip hop either brain dead or just unenjoyably and pointlessly fast? Maybe that's why there's so much crossover with the metalheads
>>
all coon tune trap shit sounds like this
what's the problem
>>
I've been so confused about this

Isn't this just an incredibly generic flow that literally everyone uses? Like, Lil Uzi, Migos, Future, etc.?

It's like saying *insert punk band* stole from *insert punk band* because they both use those standard drum beats
>>
i know drake stole the lyrical gimmick on his sprite commercial from aceyalone's perfect romance >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr3Hp3_hYiY
>>
>>71174914
Thats just complete ignorance though, you cant seriously think that vocal delivery and flow hasnt evolved drastically since run dmcs day. Even pacs flow sounds stiff and uninventive in the current rap context. The techniques have split off in so many directions, backpackers still doing bouncy pharcyde dela soul deliveries to pop trap crossovers like future and thug who bssically sing over the beat. If you think he just meant saying words fast then your reading comprehension needs work
>>
>>71175123
I don't think "involving technique" is the definition of "technical" in this case. How are you being "technical" in hip hop without a speed element? I don't think just because you "employ a technique" that makes you technical
>>
>>71168566
Every trap nigger uses this flow
Drake didn't steal anything from that literally who
>>
>>71174826
Drake stays relevant by embedding himself in celeb culture, which takes effort and keeping up with. This tv drama is an example of how he keeps up with it, so is buying basketball team, ripping off vaporwave and hitting on nicki. Its all part of the plan bruh
>>
>>71175150
He ripped off vaporwave? Sick
>>
>>71175181
I think he's referring to Hotline Bling
>>
>>71175143
Breaking up syllables, emphasizing certain parts of a line, internal rhyme, Half speed to tempo, double speed, theres plenty more than just fast spitting.
>>
>>71168829
>5'6
someome should stuff his ass in a locker lmao
>>
>>71175310
t. 5'9
>>
>>71168566
don't really care about the beef , x seems like a really creative guy i want to hear more stuff from him
>>
>>71175150
>ripping off a genre based off ripping off other artists

its like pottery
>>
>>71173277
coz he's 5'6
>>
>>71175185
well then he's a fucking idiot
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.