[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /mu/, what would a decent starter Ukelele be? Getting it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: lu-21-ukulele.jpg (43KB, 500x186px) Image search: [Google]
lu-21-ukulele.jpg
43KB, 500x186px
So, /mu/, what would a decent starter Ukelele be? Getting it as a gift for my girlfriend who's been dropping some hints lately. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
that $40 Chinese one from Aliexpress
>>
what's the deal with all these 20 something white girls taking good honest hard-working ukulele jobs from Hawaiians.
If i want to hear somebody play "Eye of the Tiger" on a ukulele, i'd go down to the tiki bar.
tell your cunt she's not cute nor talented enough to play such a stupid thing.
then bust out your Gibson and make her ears bleed.
>>
get the fuck outta here
>>
>>71160134
lmao what the fuck
>>
>>71159895
ukelele is a mediocre instrument.
>>
>>71160134
he is right tho
>>
>>71159895
look for a soprano, they're like the standard model, small and easy to play
>>
>>71160134
>>71160158
>>71160299
I have never seen a ukulele thread on /mu/ without a gaggle of tryhards being unreasonably pissed about the idea of a ukulele.

Real talk, OP, Uke is bad for learning Music, because it's tuned autisticly, and has a weird learning curve that seriously hinders pushing yourself and your skill. I'd suggest a guitar or bass.

But if she wants to be another stereotypical white girl and play uke like a cliche, go for it. It's a fun instrument, it sounds nice, it's portable. It's fine. Just don't expect it to take you anywhere as a talented musician without a massively disproportionate amount of effort.
>>
File: B001Q9F34W-1.jpg (12KB, 800x276px) Image search: [Google]
B001Q9F34W-1.jpg
12KB, 800x276px
Banjo is the superior 4 stinged instrument.
>>
File: lg_MB-200MRCH.jpg (20KB, 700x255px) Image search: [Google]
lg_MB-200MRCH.jpg
20KB, 700x255px
The ephiphone mb 200 is a great starting banjo, buy the only real instrument
>>
>>71161002
I play bass already, so she's seen a lot of that and she plays piano. I think she just wants a uke to fuck around on honestly. And yeah I expected people like that, I just didn't expect "eye of the tiger" on ukulele lmao

>>71160693
That's what I'm seein, thanks.

>>71161045
Jesus christ
>>
>>71161107
Everybody that picks up a ukulele plays eye of the tiger for whatever reason.
>>
>>71161107
Oh, if she's already familiar with music from piano, it should be a breeze for her. Go for it, fuck everyone who tells you otherwise. It's a great side instrument.

Cordoba is a good brand. It's what I have.
>>
>>71159895
no. we dont need anymore whitegirls in uggs sipping starbucks strumming a c chord on the uke. stop.
>>
>>71161062
get her one of these. she'll be all over your dick.
play her a couple lines of "shortnin' bread" and i swear you'll be able to drown a toddler in her panties.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.