[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here not too self conscious to admit that they like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 29337.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
29337.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
Is anyone here not too self conscious to admit that they like metalcore? (Pre-watered down warped tour grabage)
>>
I even like the warped tour garbage. Its only acceptable to like between the buried and me and converge here though.
>>
>>71125574
I feel like everyone here fucks with Jane Doe and post Jane Doe era Converge, which is just watered down for a non-HC audience Converge.
I also have no idea about whether or not anyone outside my immediate circle of friends fucks with Prayer for Cleansing, the pre-BTBAM band that completely blows BTBAM out of the water
>>
>>71124970
I fuck with all metalcore. Doesn't matter if it's Converge, Botch, The Ghost Inside, Parkway Drive or whatever I like all of it.
>>
>>71125745
I fucking love Prayer For Cleansing. Really like Paul Waggoner's playing.
>>
>>71124970
I like Norma Jean - O God, the Aftermath, even though it's a total rip off of We are the Romans by Botch.
>>
>>71125807
>>71125745
I heard something of a rumor that they're going to re-release one of their albums on vinyl and have a one off reunion show somewhere in NC in the next year, but every few years a rumor like that circulates around here, so take that as you will
>>
>>71125745
I like Undying, another pre BTBAM band, but I never got into prayer for cleansing aside from that one song, uhh, sonnet. I think BTBAM is really great. I've tried listening to converge a few times over the years and never liked it. Horse the band would probably be my favorite.
>>
>>71125905
(Actually I'm not sure if undying had a member of BTBAM or if they were just associated in that scene.)
>>
>>71125919
>>71125905
Jimmy chang, the undying guitarist, played bass for the PFC reuinions, I've heard about them sharing other members but that's the only one I've been able to find concrete information on. Deff same scene though, two metalcore/hardcore bands from the same state
>>
>>71125905
Have you heard of Drawing Last Breath? They're a current band that really nails the 'Undying' sound and they released a new album this past week with crazy Van Halen solos. I re-discovered all this stuff a few months ago and I'm wondering if they're the only band that's making this style of music anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KvOGy24XOY
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
Anyone else ever listen to this band? From Japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhYQ4BaD-k
>>
any love for lamb of god?
>>
From what I can tell, the rule of thumb is that metalcore bands that are more related to punk (i.e. Converge and Botch) are okay to like but metalcore bands that are more related to metal (i.e. Killswitch Engage and Escape the Fate) are where things get mucky.
>>
>>71126517
MUCH love for lamb of god
>>71126579
Ever listened to Overcast? It had members of Killswitch and the singer of Shadows Fall before both bands started, people debate whether or not they're the first metalcore band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfvHtnt7azQ
>>
Who else here loves Poison the Well?
>>
>>71126697
Their first two albums are incredible, everything after that is just really weird and wacky
>>
>>71126517
>Lamb of God
>Metalcore
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.