[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>radio DJ starts taking listener requests >they request

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: shin.png (7KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shin.png
7KB, 600x600px
>radio DJ starts taking listener requests
>they request the same goddamn songs the station already plays too many times as it is
>>
>>71123374
Call radio show, request something that is off the beaten path for the show but in the same genre. "Sure, I've heard of it, but it might be to different for our listeners. Sorry."
>>
>>71123374
>listening to the radio
>>
When I was a kid, I called the radio station and asked them to play "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone" by Paula Cole.

The DJ said, "turn on your radio". I did and the song was halfway over.

Weird
>>
>>71123448

When did you realize you were gay?
>>
>c-can you p-play the b-b-beach boys please
>>
>commercial radio
Even the "alternative" stations play the same 30 songs on a loop. Not to mention all the shit advertising bombardment.

Find you a good college radio station, they tend to focus on the music instead of selling ad space or having DUDE WACKY xD radio hosts.
>>
I haven't listened to radio since 2003. Have I missed anything? Any leafposters who listened to CFOX and On Going History of New Music with Alan Cross?
>>
>>71124767
It's syndicated here on CFEX in Calgary.

Good show but mediocre station for reasons mentioned in:
>>71124736
>>
>>71123374
they ignore all the people requesting anything else, it makes people feel like they're involved when they're not at all
>>
>>71124736
This. We lost the longtime alternative commercial radio last November. I wish that station played the same 30 in a loop. It was mostly twenty one pilots and the occasional 90's big hit alt rock songs, so it ended up being closer to 15 or 20. It, like the rest of Clear Channel's programming, was a joke.

The good news is we have a solid, though not perfect, pbs dedicated music station. That took listeners and money away from the clear channel alt station. Also we have a few college rock stations, but they end up being a little too country because this is the deep south.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.