[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of them, /mu/? Had a girl I'm going on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Die antwoord.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Die antwoord.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
What do you think of them, /mu/? Had a girl I'm going on a date with tell me Die Antwoord was her favorite artist/band
>>
They're okay for shits and giggles. Their style's aesthetic is pretty cool, but Ninji sometimes looks akward.
>>
constructus corporation the GOAT
>>
>>71122541
I can personally guarantee you that OP's girl has never heard of any other related project, much less listened to the Ziggurat.
>>
>>71122649
who cares? not everyone is a music autist. you won't get far in life acting better than everyone because you listened to more albums than them
>>
a few songs are actually kind of enjoyable, but overall I think they're hot trash
it's embarassing to watch and listen to

I've also read that many african acts have done what they do before them so they're really not original at all
However I don't know anything about the african hip hop scene so I can't confirm

i'd be seriously concerned about someone calling this their favorite band when it's really just contrived defiance
>>
>>71122649
She did mention The Ziggurat but said she didn't enjoy it a lot
>>
>>71122669
you told them!!! :D!!!!
>>
when ever I see them in the recommended videos, or someone mentions them I instantly turn on aphex twin.
>>
>>71122766
understandable. it's kind of strange
>>
>>71122787
Why?
>>
I love Die Antwoord, and Waddy's other projects are just as, if not more, dope. I believe Waddy is one of the greatest conceptual artists currently working and can't wait to see where he takes the max normal narrative next.
>>71122753
While there are some Afrikans artists doing the rave rap thing better than them, die antwoord is only a part of Waddy's performance art narrative about how fluid and malleable identity is. If you haven't yet check out either Max Normal or Max Normal.TV. there are a ton of allusions to creating Die antwoord in those earlier musical endeavors and it's definitely worth a listen.
>>
Yolandi is my waifu
>>
>>71122991
your recs have been heard and will eventually be checked
>>
>>71122649
There's one of you in every die Antwoord thread
>>
>>71122891
One of their songs is just them over Ageispolis. Not sure if they've sampled him more than that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.