[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I go next, /mu/, I started with Children of God and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Flowchart swans.png (591KB, 1200x994px) Image search: [Google]
Flowchart swans.png
591KB, 1200x994px
Where do I go next, /mu/, I started with Children of God and continued with Filth and Cop, but how do I go from there? I'm kinda torned between wanting more experimental and wanting more lighter stuff.
>>
>>71122045
just listen to soundtracks for the blind.
>>
>>71122280
This and also To be Kind.
>>
>>71122480
I've already listened to that, forgot to say in the post
-OP
>>
>>71122045
White Light From The Mouth of Infinity
>>
>>71122045
White light is the objective best but the seer has some of their best tracks on
>>
>>71122045
Greed and Holy Money are lighter than Filth and Cop, more variety in instrumentation, less about draining guitars and more about very spacious tortured sounds. I prefer Filth and Cop, but they're good and still in that same vein.

I would say do them before you move onto the song writer years. You're already on your way to going through it in chronological order anyways. But there is no "right" way to listen to this band at all, the different eras of the band sound wildly different from one another and there's no good or bad start, dislike on album? Jump to the next.

If you're really liking the visceral and experimental stuff of Filth and Cop but would like something more complex, less draining but equally visceral, move to To Be Kind and The Seer. Whereas Filth and Cop are about beating you into submission with its sound, The Seer and To Be Kind are about being transcendental with its incredibly raw and punishing sound.
>>
>>71122045
This chart needs their newer 3 albums
>>
>>71123057
Thanks!
So okay, Greed and Holy Money next and than Soundtracks For The Blind
>>
>>71123151
Doing Soundtracks For The Blind after White Light and The Great Annihilator might be more effective, if that at all matters to you, you'll get a feel for the evolution the band went through before they got to SFTB.

It isn't a must though, feel free to do just that if you want. Personally White Light, Love of Life and The Great Annihilator is my least favorite sequence of albums in the discography, but that isn't how I felt at all when I first got into them, it came after growing a stronger appreciation for the no wave stuff. You might love them, they have actual "songs" if you wanna call it that, they pretty much throw the repetition out the window in favor of a heavy focus on songwriting.
>>
>>71122045
Don't be a pussy, just dive into it

I marathoned their entire discography yesterday
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.