[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Linkin Park do wrong to get them the "lmao edgy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1471489774118.jpg (361KB, 1448x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1471489774118.jpg
361KB, 1448x1448px
What did Linkin Park do wrong to get them the "lmao edgy meme" that Nine Inch Nails and Manson didn't do?
>>
AMVs
>>
>>71109131
Manson and NIN are industrial rock anon, Linkin Park's edgier stuff is more nu-metal.

Also they're all pretty edgy, the difference is Reznor managed to win over the Rolling Stone crowd with stupid shit like The Fragile and Year Zero. Also Manson doesn't really get the "le so edgy XDDD" stigma anymore via his audience growing up and young people not really caring about him as much. Linkin Park's fanbase is still mostly teenagers/20-somethings.
>>
>>71109131
They released Crawling as a single instead of Points of Authority or something else from Hybrid Theory that was less in-your-face.

Also >>71109145
>>
>>71109145
Linkin Park did those?
>>
>>71109178
They did make that one Gundam animated video for Points of Authority, so yes
>>
>>71109211
This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgxcvmkPD-I
>>
2007-2010 was prime linkin park
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQJm49_9OE

This is unironically one of my favorite songs.
>>
>GOAT TIER
Hybrid Theory
Meteroa
A Thousand Suns

>GOOD TIER
Hybrid Theory EP
Xero EP
The Rising Tied
Living Things

>EEEH TIER
Minutes To Midnight

>BAD TIER
The Hunting Party
judging by the debut single so far, their upcoming album
>>
>>71109457
The Hunting Party at least beats Minutes to Midnight and Living Things. It's just that one godawful single, Until It's Gone.
>>
Deviantart stereotypes and AMVs, encyclopedia dramatica. The ad hominem lived on
>>
>GOAT
Minutes to midnight
1000 suns

>GOOD
(also. the reason linkin parked is memed about is because of their 2 debut albums)
hybrid memery
Meteora

>meh
hunting party
living things
>>
>>71109539
>their 2 debut albums

;]
>>
>>71109145
just wanted to reply that, thank you
naruto and dbz amvs in particular
[spoiler]don't hide it, ya'll watched those[/spoiler]
>>
Trents music has more substance and meaning, a lot of themes explored and his stuff seems more honest and genuine. Linkin Park took lyrics from others. Trent represents depression very honestly while Linkin Park sing about emotions they aren't that familiar with, Trents work comes off as much more intimate and his music feels much more unstable as there are moments of constraints until the music explodes

Take a look at I Do Not Want This. It starts off as a pretty quiet song with pretty compelling lyrics only for the chorus to intentionally lose any subtlety, like bottled up emotions exploding. If this was a Linkin Park song the entire song would be like the chorus

Also amazing instrumentals, top tier production.
>>
GOD SAVE US EVERYONE
WILL WE BURN INSIDE THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS
FOR THE SINS OF OUT HANDS
THE SINS OF OUT TONGUE
THE SINS OF OUR FATHERS
THE SINS OF OUR YOUNG
NO

>tfw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swEoiraOM6A
>>
File: Linkin_park_reanimation.jpg (157KB, 343x300px) Image search: [Google]
Linkin_park_reanimation.jpg
157KB, 343x300px
>>71109457

This is a great album too
>>
>>71109287
they look like really cheap bionicles wtf
store brand bionicles
>>
>>71109604
I honestly though this too until he released With Teeth and everything after that.

Now Trent is just as much of a sell-out/a faux-emotional type as Linkin Park, only difference being that Linkin Park's music is much funner that Trent's new output.
>>
I make Nine Inch Nails AMVs.

Thank god no one gives these videos much attention much, I'd hate to be a guy who made NIN into edgy meme
>>
File: pussy slayer.jpg (35KB, 248x338px) Image search: [Google]
pussy slayer.jpg
35KB, 248x338px
What music did he listen to, /mu/?
>>
>>71109650
Nigga, With Teeth has songs like Beside You In Time and All The Love In The World, Trent never sold out and With Teeth is his album which ends happilyas Trent recovers from sobriety.
>>
>>71109131
Linkin Park really never was that edgy, they were incredibly angsty but not edgy, that's why i always preferred them to something like Korn or especially Limp Bizkit
>>
>>71111953
This, the word people should use for Linkin Park is "angsty"

Nine Inch Nails is much edgier, but it has more substance, since all of its edginess is there for purpose and not to shock, but to tell a story and make the listener go through a journey.
>>
>>71112283
Edgy storytelling is still edgy storytelling.
>>
>>71112320
Edgy story telling is not bad edgy story telling if the edginess is part of the story and not its focus, edgy is good if edgy is needed in order to tell your story.

Do you need couple of fucks to tell a story about a man who's going down a spiral which ends in a suicide? I'd say yes.
>>
>>71109287
FORFEIT THE GAME BEFORE SOMEBODY ELSE TAKES YOU OUT OF THE FRAME
>>
>>71109145
And unregisted hypercams
>>
>>71109131

The latter groups have actually recorded good songs at some point in their careers, anon. Linkin Park, in addition to never having recorded a good song, also takes the screaming thing to a ridiculous, not-good degree.
>>
>>71109457
Hybrid Theory EP is definitely one of their best. Xero kinda sucks, although Fuse is a great song.
Reanimation was cool, but was never really that great to me. Collision Course gave me the same vibe.
And Fort Minor doesn't count
>>
Their LP Underground demo albums are fucking sweet
>>
>>71109145
First post best post.
I used to love this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8KajyQX2E
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.