[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Radiohead live? Seeing them for the first time in Portland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: radiohead.jpg (73KB, 945x591px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
73KB, 945x591px
How is Radiohead live? Seeing them for the first time in Portland this April.
Also general concert experience thread I guess.
>>
>>71105913
Depending on what they play, either quite good or quite bad.

They play their rock focused stuff well. Anything that requires anything more fancy (i.e strings) they don't pull off well. They used to do it well, when they bothered to spend the cash to get string players to play in concert with them. Now they do shit like attempt to play songs like "Burn the Witch" on guitar. It doesn't work well.
>>
Portland general?

https://burialspdx.bandcamp.com/
released January 13, 2017
>>
>>71105913
Quintessential 'OK I was ready to go 5 songs ago'-core
>>
>>71105930
so is this proof that all music from oregon is shit?
>>
Saw them twice this tour. It was pretty shit and disappointing. And I'm a huge fan, and have seen them on 5 different occasions.

The light show is completely uninspired, but it makes sense given that the 2012 fell and killed a roadie. Most of the new songs don't translate well live. Plus the majority of what they played was pretty much butt-rock this time around; they played WAY too many songs from IR, The Bends and even fucking creep. This, along with the AMSP songs made the whole setlist too samey and whiny. Clive was underutilized as fuck.Johnny was the only one kicking ass while the rest of the gang phoned it in.

I mean, the 2012 shows were fucking amazing compared to this. LED usage was genius, they played some of their best songs, took a lot of risks, debuted a slew of new music and played some very deep cuts live. It was a fans fucking wet dream.
>>
>>71105957
WHAT?!
>>
nb if you dont mind tom york mumbling inaudible sounds into the microphone
>>
>>71105913
>tfw they're going to be playing at my university, but I'm broke

Really makes me think. :|
>>
File: 640px-Robert_Christgau_08.jpg (33KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Robert_Christgau_08.jpg
33KB, 640x425px
OK Computer [Capitol, 1997]

My favorite Pink Floyd album has always been Wish You Were Here, and you know why? It has soul, that's why--it's Roger Waters's lament for Syd, not my idea of a tragic hero but as long as he's Roger's that doesn't matter. Radiohead wouldn't know a tragic hero if they were cramming for their A levels, and their idea of soul is Bono, who they imitate further at the risk of looking even more ridiculous than they already do. So instead they pickle Thom Yorke's vocals in enough electronic marginal distinction to feed a coal town for a month. Their art-rock has much better sound effects than the Floyd snoozefest Dark Side of the Moon. But it's less sweeping and just as arid. B-
>>
This doesn't look good for when I see them the first time in Glasgow...
>>
Idk what people on this thread are talking about t b h
When I saw them they were pretty incredible
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.