[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I compose. Take a listen if you are interested. https://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I compose. Take a listen if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8phN961R40
>>
>>71100147
It's much better than anything I could ever do. I like it a lot. What program, if any, do you use?
>>
>>71100147
i hate it and ill kill your entire family if you post any material on here again
>>
>>71100210
Sibelius 8
>>
Cool stuff, gets kinda rough to listen sometimes
>>
>>71100147
I love it. Great job, anon :)
>>
The left hand part is a little dead, doesn't feel as lively (or as loud) as it should be. Do you play piano? If so can you record yourself playing this? The midi might not be doing it justice.
>>
>>71100278
Yeah, I do play piano. I just composed it today, so I would need to learn it.
>>
>>71100260
I meant it to be rough at the end lol.
>>
Clean up the left hand. As the other anon said it doesn't have much character. It sounds like you are trying to have the left hand play random notes because you don't have an idea of what you want it to sound like.
Thirds in the lowest register sound like shit and in general try and do it only for a particularly muddy effect. If it's a rag, you don't want it to sound muddy. You want opposite of muddy.
>>
>>71100749
Even the right hand "melody" sounds like random notes. Like, he wrote some algorithm to spit out random notes based on rhythmic patterns derived from existing rag time pieces. Terrible sense of melody... and this is coming from a guy who listens to late Scriabin and Szymanowski.
>>
You definitely have skill, but this isn't doing much for me. It's riddled with 'quirky for quirky's sake' bits (that RH rhythm motif is particularly annoying) and the kind of part-writing that comes from using the program as your composing tool, instead of your instrument.

Not saying there's anything wrong with experimentation, but when I make something like this, I don't intend to share it with people, much less put it on YouTube and share it on a anime forum.
>>
>>71100147
(((Roseman)))
>>
This thread started off so nice and it's just getting meaner and meaner. Geez.

OP you're doing well. Just work on your counterpoint.
>>
It's not very goal-oriented at all. I don't really feel the pull toward tonic, tension and release that I should.

When something I write ends up wandering like this, I usually use it as an opportunity to expand the piece and turn what I have into parts of a new whole.
>>
I like it. I don't even like rag in general but I like it. It was something different to listen to and I like how you shared. I wonder how it would sound like in the future.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.