[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s honest opinion on this man and his contribution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Grohl2.jpg (50KB, 552x368px) Image search: [Google]
Grohl2.jpg
50KB, 552x368px
What's /mu/'s honest opinion on this man and his contribution to music?
>>
le highly sociable drummer
>>
>I'm a multi-millionaire who's influenced by underground acts like Descendents and Minor Threat and I hate the mainstream of which I am a part of
>>
Literally who?
>>
Fantastic drummer, early Foo's stuff was good (especially the first album) but they tapered off after TCATS. Wasting Light was a return to form, but largely they've been a pretty 6/10 band aside.
>>
>>71090030
Dave Grohl
>>
he's the best
>>
>>71090034
Pretty much this. The acoustic disc of In Your Honor is good too, the rest of his albums are average radio friendly butt rock.
>>
Brilliant human, decent drummer, boring songwriter. Foo fighters aren't a train wreck, but that's the highest praise I can give them. However, Dave Grohl shows that rock stars can be humble, kick ass dudes, and the importance of that can't be overstated.
>>
He seems like a bro and he's a great drummer, literally the drums are the best part of Nirvana, but the Foos bore me to tears. It's so fucking bland and his voice annoys the fuck out of me.
>>
>>71090034
This. But I love his drum work with QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures
>>
>>71089998
Yes
>>71090018
Yes
>>71090034
He's above average. They have no great album
>>71090643
He's the face of GenX dadrock and will live the rest of his life doing zombie, Rolling Stone performances, Kurt interviews, and sporadic network appearances over "muh punk".
>>71091652
He was shit on nevermind. The drums were too hard and fucked up the mix. To be fair it was his first time recording though.
>>
>>71089973
He killed Kurt.
>>
>>71091987
What's the motive?
>>
>>71091956
>He was shit on nevermind. The drums were too hard and fucked up the mix. To be fair it was his first time recording though.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>71092093
Courtney Loves big cock
>>
Please go to the trump rally! I am making every attempt possible to get there but this is difficult. Please. I am Connor Matthew Street. I am at a public libaray in tampa next to where the busses stop at.
>>
>>71091652
yes

He seems like a really nice guy. The reddit meme that he's a saint is kind of annoying, but that's no reason to imply he's not a good dude. He's also a turbodork who drinks coffee instead of booze which is fine I guess but not very "RAWK AND ROLL." His music is abysmal, like really bad. He's a good drummer but his version of rock music (already a dinosaur) is, like the man, nice, inoffensive, dorky, and self-effacing.

Not for me.
>>
>>71092103
I have the sessions, most of the multitracks, and 5 or 6 mixes. The drums were a problem and Butch even pointed it out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.