[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Listening to any song with a slightly sad vibe >Scroll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (87KB, 254x243px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
87KB, 254x243px
>Listening to any song with a slightly sad vibe
>Scroll down and all of the comments are some variation of "I want to fucking die" or "I hate my life"
>>
>album has slightly sad lyrics
>every 10/10 moments thread on /mu/ is full of people posting every lyric on the album
.BUT TYPING THEM IN ALL CAPS
>AND ELONGATING RANDOM VOOOOOOOOOOOWELS
>>
>10/10 lyrics thread on /mu/
>it's all just basic wordplay and metaphors
>>
File: 1279216961027.jpg (12KB, 192x160px) Image search: [Google]
1279216961027.jpg
12KB, 192x160px
>>71077526
this is starting to bug me too
also
>that one guy who posts several fucking verses
>>
>>71077573
>>71077526
Never once does someone mention the story the artist is trying to tell or what their interpretation of the meaning of the song is.

Considering that rock music is often centered around the main vocalist it is disappointing that no one ever seems to take the lyrics to heart and continue to see them at face value meaning or simply give a shit about them in direct proportion to how loud the artist yells them.
>>
>>71077636
This desu. We need more lyric interpretation threads.
>>
>song has a strong sad vibe
,>omg! this song is so sexy i want to make love to it!
>>
>>71077526
NOW IF I FUUUUUUCCCCCCK TTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS MMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
File: foot.png (356KB, 662x659px) Image search: [Google]
foot.png
356KB, 662x659px
>>71077812
I've actually done a neat analysis of Don, Aman. I only ever talked about it with my brother since there's never really a place on /mu/ to talk seriously about music.

I argued that the subdued vocals are meant to represent the feeling of insignificance of Don's perspective on the world in his own mind and in the mind of others. I backed this up with the line "A plane passed silently over head", as it is much louder than anything Don says and shows how even something that is "silent" has more of an impact than he does. However the way that he does interact with the world is when people see him, his presence is not welcome. This is possibly an indictment of how people act, how we will refuse to accept someone because they don't fit in with us based on appearance and not on the content of the mind. However it could also represent Don's inability to see himself as "one of them" as he could simply be sabotaging himself by telling himself that what he says is stupid and walking away to try and pee as a way to escape from his believed persecution

To expand on the latter point he is given several chances to change his outlook on parties and people in general. These chances are shown by the music picking up pace to show conflict in his mind, Don wants to change but he can't or at least wont.

But that's just my two cents, I'd like to hear what other people have to say.
>>
>>71078107
i want to fucking die
i hate my life
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.