[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Mu/ I am new to rock n roll what is the best Pixies album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (194KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 380x380px
/Mu/ I am new to rock n roll what is the best Pixies album

Pic related
>>
The best Pixies album is considered to be doolitle, while Tromp le monde is still really good as well.
In fact, their first four are all really good, but then they kind of dropped off in their most recent two
>>
Doolittle>surfer>trompe= pilgrim>bossanova
Imo. Bossanova is still good though.
>>
You should try Doolittle or Bossanova first, imo
>>
Doolittle is much easier to the ears than Surfer Rosa and Pilgrim, so that should be listened to first. If you like what you hear, go to Surfer Rosa, just steer clear from very recent stuff. Even Trompe le Monde had some crackers on it.

TL;DR, Pixies are essential
>>
File: 54321.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
54321.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>71077932
>Bossanova last
>not first

>>71077315
I WAS LOOKING HANDSOME, SHE WAS LOOKING LIKE AN EROTIC VULTURE
>>
>>71080332
>bossanova first
Maximum contrarian.
>>
Apart from a couple of songs, Trompe Le Monde is very much a Frank Black solo album. If you like it, check out Teenager Of The Year and Cult Of Ray.
>>
Doolittle=Surfer Rosa>Bossanova>Pilgrim>>Trompe

DESU Last Splash by the Breeders would be in that top tier. Kate was so talented.
>>
>>71080709
Kim* jesus
>>
>>71080709
>kate
Who?
>>
>>71080758
>>71080736
my bad
KIM DEAL
>>
>>71080405
nah, maximum contrarian would be putting Head Carrier or Indie Cindy above their previous work as their best.
>>
>>71080709
I agree, the illustrator for the boxcar children is very talented
>>
>>71080405
I am max contraire
I put pilgrim first
>>
>>71080810
Caribou is one of the BEST pixies songs
>>
>>71080844
It is to be one of the best tracks in the album
>>
At the time I was getting into them like 5 years ago Surfer Rosa was the hypest shit and while I loved the rest of them, each one was a little worse than the one before it. These days I feel like Trompe is some of the best rock music ever and I hardly ever listen to Rosa. Idk man, show me a stretch of songs more exciting than trompe thru sad punk
>>
>>71080808
goat comment
>>
They have the best album streak next to the Beatles.

Their first 5 albums are all equal in quality IMO and are quintessential Rock n roll.
>>
>>71082267
>They have the best album streak next to the Beatles
Listen man Pixies are one of my 10 favorite acts ever, I've seen em live, have all their stuff, love em.

But there have been a LOT of good rock acts so let's not go overboard here.
>>
>>71080844
true my dude. it is the most pixies song

pilgrim is underrated
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.