[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So right now I'm in the middle of my first front-to-back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Radiohead - Kid A.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead - Kid A.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
So right now I'm in the middle of my first front-to-back listen of Kid A. I've heard all the tracks separately (at least the first few minutes of each), but this is my first time just sitting down and listening to the album in order with no other distractions. I have to say, in all honesty, holy fucking shit it's so boring. I know I'm going to get a lot of angery reacts, but I just can't for the life of me understand why this album gets as much praise as it does. Is it purely due to the context and circumstances of its release? Okay well I just got to Optimistic so it's picking up a bit, but wow Kid A through Treefingers was brutal. (Yeah, that's implying I don't like The National Anthem and HTDC, because I really don't. They should both be 2 minutes long, or 3 at most, but they're stretched out to like 5 minutes with very few new ideas introduced throughout.) I'm interested to know what people find so captivating about this album, because I don't see it. Not trying to troll or flame btw, just expressing my opinion. It's mostly too ambient for my tastes, really. That might be it. EIIRP, Optimistic, Idioteque, and Morning Bell are bangers, but the rest are too repetitive and atmospheric to excite me. Then again, we'll see what I have to say by the end of Motion Picture Soundtrack...
>>
ok
>>
nice blog, faggot
>>
>>71070366
eveytime I tried to listen to this album, I've always ended up sleeping, meh
great album art tho
>>
This album got to me the first time listening to it. You might be doing this wrong
>>
>>71070366

you must be extremely young or just the biggest pleb of all time to think kid a is boring. get better opinions and come back later
>>
>>71070366
The great thing about it is it's atmosphere. If you are too pleb to get pleb: the album then there isn't any hope for you
>>
>>71070445
no it really is boring. good sleeping music tho
>>
>>71070366

Be patient...
>>
>>71070366
I think this means you are a happy person which is nice
>>
Whenever I mention Doctor Who, somebody comes up to me and says that they hate Doctor Who, I ask them why, and then they say "it's fake and gay". This person probably only watched the early classic series or seasons 1-3. Doctor Who is not a stupid TV show that is watchable on Disney Channel. It's so dark and suspenseful it wouldn't even be fit for ANY kid's channel these days. And if you're some person that enjoys movies with a story that isn't nearly as good as Doctor Who and extremely good special effects, then maybe you should watch Star Wars. Not all sci fi tv shows/movies have to have good special effects to be awesome. Doctor Who can have extremely good writing sometimes, some of the best writing in science fiction I can even say for myself. Since the Doctor Who universe is so huge, there's always something to get out of it. Doctor Who is one of the most successful and longest running TV shows of all time, so calling it "stupid" or "boring" is something that is really wrong. To ditch high-quality programming like it's an animated Nick TV show is wrong too. Doctor Who is the best sci fi you will ever get in the world. It's just that so many people hate it because they either watched a bad episode or watched a season that wasn't as good as, say, season 9. If you don't believe my opinion watch the episode Blink, and come back to me. See what i'm saying? A TV show can have good episodes and bad episodes. On Doctor Who, the good episodes outweigh the bad ones, so Doctor Who is a good show. If a person starts at the beginning they should give it some more time until the episode start getting good in terms of writing. I know that everybody has opinions, but Doctor Who is a really nice show that everybody should try watching. You shouldn't disrespect someone's opinion on an awesome TV show that they like so much. If you hate Doctor Who, you are missing out on a lot of fun things to enjoy in the fandom itself. Fanart, fan-made videos, discussing theories.
>>
>>71070433
>>71070445
>>71070482
Face it, Kid A, and Radiohead in general, are boring pretentious faux-avant garde shit that is only interesting to people used to listening to the radio and music at the mall all their lives
>>
>>71070461
This
>>
File: 1477531518428.jpg (60KB, 612x347px) Image search: [Google]
1477531518428.jpg
60KB, 612x347px
>>71070555
checked
>>
I agree you're not alone
>>
>>71070366
I'm 100% sure you're done...
>>
>>71070366
Eh, whatever floats your boat my man. I'm not gonna judge :)

I enjoyed the album on first listen but I prefered The Bends and In Rainbows, personally.

You might like those albums better too.
>>
>>71070366
>I've heard all the tracks separately
they released no singles for a reason
>>
>>71070616
What, because it isn't tone deaf noise that can only be "appreciated" on peak levels of pretension and delusion?
>>
>>71070616
Ever consider what this album did for music when this album came out? The first "big" rock band to have a popular electronic shift. It paved the way for the popularization of electronic music noted in the late 2000s and 2010s.

It's also a compositional masterpiece as a concept album (especially when contrasted to the sister-album, Amnesiac). But many plebs don't get that.
>>
>>71070402
>post about an album you're listening to on a music board because you think it's worth discussing the album
>"shut up faggot"
Gb2 /Grimes/ where people don't actually discuss music and let the men talk.
>>
Amnesiac > Kid A

prove me wrong.

Amnesiac songs are all 10/10, Morning Bell Amnesiac version is better.
>>
>>71073543
He's right.
>>
>>71070366
Assuming this isn't bait it really baffles me how anybody can find this album boring. There's so much going on in every second of every song it's just such an intricately laid out beautifully layered album. The arrangements on each track are damn near genius. What kind of music do you usually like?
>>
File: joy_division.jpg (278KB, 1796x1000px) Image search: [Google]
joy_division.jpg
278KB, 1796x1000px
I've been listening to a lot of Post-Punk recently (Joy Division, Talking Heads, Gang of Four, The Feelies, etc.). Anyone have any lesser known Post-Punk artists or albums they'd like to share?
>>
>>71070366
ight
>>
>>71073747
...I meant to start a thread but I guess I'll just kill myself now
>>
>>71073747
Wire - Pink Flag

Crazy Rhythms bangs my dude
>>
>>71070366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2t0B-Pg9M

try this instead
>>
>>71073747
Also if you want to hear some some new post punk you should check out Iceage - New Brigade
>>
>>71070366
(nice meme)
>>
File: oim8.jpg (34KB, 539x405px) Image search: [Google]
oim8.jpg
34KB, 539x405px
>>71070366
hey fuck you man I worked hard on that shit
>>
>>71074155
lol thom fuck off
>>
>>71074183
my name is tom dickhead
tom york
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.