[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Lou Reed said that he did not know anyone but himself who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Metal_machine_music.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_machine_music.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
"Lou Reed said that he did not know anyone but himself who would have listened to the whole album. He also said things like he used to sleep by lowering the number of revolutions to the turntable. But even with those claims, Lou Reed continued to defend this record as one of the best things he had done in his life."

How could i tell him that i liked the album?

it's because i really feel sad when the work of someone gets misunderstood or underapreciated, i really feel the need of tell him that it was worth it, it hasn't happen to you with other underrated records or artists?
>>
>>71070187
lou reed was a fucking liar
>>
>>71070192
why?
>>
that was Lou Reed luring you out to listen to this album just for some giggles
>>
>>71070274
hes whole schtick was the woe is me im a confused artist, then when you give him some sympathy he spits on your face.

talented guy but don't feel sorry for this fuck. he chewed out andy warhol when vu&n didn't do well in the beginning
>>
the original nu-male
>>
>>71070377
more like vu-male
>>
>>71070301
sounds ilogical, that would cost him his credibility as an artist
>>
>>71070405
Lmao
>>
>>71070428
logic is an illusion
>>
>>71070335
>he chewed out andy warhol when vu&n didn't do well in the beginning
whoa dude where can I read about this
>>
>>71070335
Also tossed out Cale because he wanted to be the indisputed leader of the band
>>
>>71070187
didn't he mostly rip MMM off from Cale?
>>
>>71070187
It's kind of too late to tell him now. He probably wouldn't have given a fuck what you or anyone else thought of it anyway
>>
File: 222070907008.jpg (26KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
222070907008.jpg
26KB, 391x500px
>>71070932
Yes. Cale was doing this stuff almost a decade before MMM. See: Loop/White Wind single
>>
>>71070932

it's certainly very similar in aesthetic to Cale's home recordings from the 60's, so I don't think there's any doubt Reed was influenced by Cale and the whole Dream Syndicate scene
>>
Hack

Simple as that
>>
>>71070947
why?
>>
The influence of this album is obviously big, and I'm sure Reed knew about this.
>>
>>71073687
what artists were influenced by this thing?
>>
>>71074467
>What is the entire genre of noise music?
>>
>>71074651
>lou reed invented noise music
kekeroni
>>
>>71074651
what does that have to do with lou?
>>
>>71074690
He didn't. Noise being recognized as a musical genre and incorporated into popular music was mostly the result of Metal Machine Music.
>>
>>71070932
>>71071025
>>71071029
Cale was undisputedly the genius of The Velvet Underground. This is why the quality of their music in every criteria other than lyrics after WL/WH (the greatest rock album of all time)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.