[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know shit about music, but I'm thinking, there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1352331128072.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1352331128072.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
I don't know shit about music, but I'm thinking, there has to be some theory when making an album tracklist right?
The different songs have different energy, mood or whatever you call it so there have to be patterns for ordering them that are pleasing to the listener.
Radio stations do the same too, they sandwich new songs between two familiar ones etc. Is there some article or infographic about this?
Thanks
>>
>>71057717
Sure but no one does it by any set ideas. Just select tracks to create the mood they want to. DJ's do this on the fly, building to big moments, making sure there's a lull so you can build again, all while gauging crowd reaction.
>>
>>71057717
google beatmatching. Not the same, but close enough in theory as to what you are referring to
>>
>>71058092
>>71058503
I was burning a CD to listen to in the car (which has a bullshit OEM CD player) so it got me thinking there's got to be a better way than just shuffling the songs around.
In marketing there are theories (supposedly) based on consumer behaviour about pretty much everything - the layout of the store, the shelves and what's on them etc. etc.
So there's bound to be something of this sort that producers use to decide how to stack the tracks in an album.
>>
>>71058600
Yeah but there isn't as strong a profit motive in this regard as you've already bought/streamed the album. Making those theories all but worthless for this.

People just have an ear for this.
>>
>>71058600
Nobody really does it the same, You seem to be talking about top40 stuff as I can't imagine that most other people would follow "optimal paters" and shit.
And if this is what you're looking for it's litterally filling the start with the most popular singles and throwing everything else in the back at random.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.