[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand this band, or at least this album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Big_Black_-_Songs_About_Fucking.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Black_-_Songs_About_Fucking.png
33KB, 300x300px
I don't understand this band, or at least this album ... please enlight me
>>
>>71048958
you just have to be real mad and listen to it really loud. having a beer or two while listening to it will also help
>>
>>71048958
be a piece of shit for once in your life.
>>
The guitar work on it is catchy as hell, and if you like other angry noisy rock I don't see why you wouldn't like this also. Think the Jesus Lizard or Drive Like Jehu.
>>
>>71048958
entry-level noise rock, what's hard to get
>>
It's basically just good basslines, lo-fi noisey guitar and Steve Angstbini there's not much to understand

It's good though
>>
>>71048972
>>71048972
>you just have to be real mad and listen to it really loud. having a beer or two while listening to it will also help
Will try that, thank you anon
>>
Your thread inspired me to this listen again - hated it years ago. It's fucking great.
>>
>>71048958
Atomizer is better
>>
>>71049456
hated it too, but I don't want to give up so easely, will listen again with 2 beers and a loud sound
>>
>>71049456

Ma nigga.

Listened to it about 5-6 years ago and it did nothing for me. Recently rediscovered them via Kerosene and they've clicked for me.
>>
>>71049522
This, but SAF has songs like L-Dopa and Colombian Necktie which are just great.
>>
>>71049522

Kerosene is better than anything on SAF but SAF has less completely forgettable songs
>>
listen to it on something with low end, the highs are pretty screechy and its not as good on earbuds
>>
>>71049975
correct. Passing complexion is a 10 tho
>>
I love working out to Big Black
>>
>listening to mall noise rock
>>
If you actually buy the album you'll see your explanation in the liner notes.

>"Steve Albini both uses and endorses heroin"
>>
>>71049522
This 100%
Never got the appeal of SAF, it's OK but Atomizer is their true masterpiece, and now thats been remastered there's literally no excuse to get it
SAF just has a more iconic album art, that's it
>>
>>71050594

Songs about fucking was also highly controversial when it came out, which adds to it's mystique.
>>
>>71048958
I bet u dont enjoy filth
>>
>>71050610
That would be the Rapeman album
Just imagine if it came out today
>>
>>71050658

Sure, but SAF was mainstream media controversial, primarily because of Albini's antics promoting the band and managed to get the album actually banned in some countries (notably, the UK) I don't recall Rapeman ever making it to mainstream attention.
>>
>>71050594
Yeah SAF is great but Atomizer is the true embodiment of Big Black
>>
>>71050652
Not OP but SAF and Filth were unlistenable the first time I heard them and are now two of my favourite albums

Keep trying op
>>
>>71049538
Yeah lots of good noise has to be listened to at full volume to appreciate

Didn't get Swans until I listened to Filth on max volume. It actually makes it sound a lot different.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.