[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best plug-ins/VSTs out there to get for music production?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
What are the best plug-ins/VSTs out there to get for music production?

I know Native Instruments' stuff is very well regarded, anything else?
>>
Serum is a great synth. Nexus is also nice.

and everything by East West Quantum Leap is unreal.

I'm looking for a good drum machine/beat production software if anyone can suggest.
>>
>>71047507
thanks for the recs, I'll check those out.

>drum machine/beat production

NI's Maschine comes to mind. I know Trent Reznor uses it extensively, you can hear it all over Hesitation Marks and you can see it in the background in one of the HTDA music videos.

I've also heard good things about Breaktweaker, but I've never used it myself.
>>
>>71047549
>you can hear it
how can you hear a controller?
>>
>>71047649
he used a lot of the preset sounds there.
>>
>>71047507
>Nexus
Literally preset whore: the synth.
>>
>>71048420
kek

It does sound pretty good though and has a really good sequencer. You can just find a really basic sound and then start mutating it.
>>
Kontakt, synth1 and Diva

Honestly Ableton synths and plug-ins are pretty good so there's that
>>
3xOsc is all I'll ever need
>>
also default FL12 synths are quite good, poizone, Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, Sytrus
>>
just got an macbook is logic pro worth the price?
>>
I like sq8l, which is free to boot
>>
>>71048578
yes it's pretty good, and it's actually one of the cheaper daws out there.
>>
>>71048561
nO
die
>>
>Ctrl + F
>Arturia
>0 results

You guys ashame me.
>>
>>71048626
what are their best ones? I've only tried Prophet, which was pretty good.
>>
>download bunch of plugins and synths
>get spyware

how do I not let this happen
>>
>>71047507
Can also highly recommend Maschine. I have the studio but if you are on a budget the Mikro is really good value for money considering you get Komplete Select and the actual Maschine software too.
>>
>>71048672
How about you stop being a leech and actually buy the shit you use.
>>
>>71047737
>he used a lot of the preset sounds there.
Trent Reznor used presets from maschine software!!? I'm quite literally disgusted.
>>
File: .jpg (17KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
17KB, 300x261px
>>71048810
no
>>
>>71048815
>yfw when the solo on The Hand That Feeds is an Oddity preset with barely any modification
>>
>>71048815
why? preset hatred is a meme
>>
File: 937e9a56a9-1486996494538.png (519KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
937e9a56a9-1486996494538.png
519KB, 600x580px
>>71048601
no you
>>
>>71048889
>>71048979
It just surprises me that Trent wouldn't make his own sounds as I was under the impression he was into synths and sound design.
Also preset hatred isn't a meme its just fucking lazy to not design your own sounds. its on par with a painter that uses paint straight out the tube as he can't be fucked to mix his own colours.
>>
>>71049114
>I was under the impression he was into synths and sound design
and what? now he's not because he used presets on a handful of tracks?
>its just fucking lazy to not design your own sounds
maybe to not ever do it, but there's literally nothing wrong with occasional preset use. your example even proves it
>its on par with a painter that uses paint straight out the tube as he can't be fucked to mix his own colours
what if he just needed a stock colour for a particular piece? why would he mix it just for the sake of "muh originality"?
>>
hit me up with your best and strangest free vsts /mu/, the more obscure the better
>>
>>71049424
tapeotronic
>>
>>71049114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfB1IaL4zWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15SEoOE9P80

Just select 'DistortDuo01' :)
>>
>>71049424
Triple Cheese
VST Speek
>>
>>71049424
there's a meow meow cat synthesizer but I can't remember the name right now
>>
Gforce Oddity
Absynth
Massive
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.