[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest thoughts on the man? Does anyone actually think his music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: J.-Cole.jpg (47KB, 700x487px) Image search: [Google]
J.-Cole.jpg
47KB, 700x487px
Honest thoughts on the man? Does anyone actually think his music is not as trash as people say it is? I'd rather listen to him than all that trap garbage.
>>
>>71039628
his new album's okay, I just hate the circlejerk around him. Change and Ville Mentality are undeniably great.
>>
>>71039628
If J Cole is one, I won't turn it off, but I don't exactly prefer it. What bothers me is a lot of his fans (at least most I've run into) think he's the best rapper around and act high and mighty about it. They're usually too busy shit talking other rappers and their reasoning is usually "because it's better than mainstream hip hop" which is a dumb reason to like an artist. I get it, he raps about "more than pussy and drugs" and it's cool that you like him, but idk I just don't really see the appeal.
To me, it just feels like conventional hip hop with a pretentious attitude.
>>
>>71039628
Honest opinion, most of his music is just boring, and the songs that aren't seem to get boring quickly anyway.

He's obviously super talented as a rapper but that's not everything.
>>
What do you guys think about Kendrick Lamar ???
>>
>>71041082
I don't like Change, it gets boring, but Ville Mentality is good. I like it, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Immortal and the title track.
>>
>>71039628
he makes boring music
>>
slightly less cringey hopsin, he writes about more than just money drugs and hoes... he raps about people that rap about money, drugs and hoes sucking. tool for hiphopheads
>>
>>71039628
we're an elite people. not everyone has the level of intelligence that we have to fully appreciate him
>>
>>71041409
kendrick's a better j. cole

he doesn't limit himself to needing "deep" and important message in every song but his songs can still be heavy and he's just as strong if not stronger lyrically than Cole. His production's far less boring and he makes both bangers and artistic masterpieces.
>>
>>71039628
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.