[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disturbed is actually a really solid band, I just revisited after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Disturbed - Indestructible.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Disturbed - Indestructible.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
Disturbed is actually a really solid band, I just revisited after not having listened to them since my youth and it turns out they are much better than I remember them being. Being "edgy" does not count as a reason why Disturbed isn't good, it's only you that is holding yourself back by forcing yourself to not listen to it.
>>
>>71034039
Hush, you
>>
While I agree being "edgy" ain't a good reason the fact that they are doing the same goddamn thing over and over throughout their releases and them just becoming a cliche made me make a rather solid assumption that listening to Disturbed is not fun or enjoyable. Especially when you have metal outfits that are doing this thing better.
>>
>>71034092
Sounding the same when your sound is good does not count as a bad thing, especially when they don't really sound the same from each album nearly as much as people claim they do. If they were to experiment they'd probably go down the shitter in the eyes of their fans like every other band that changes from its original stuff.
>>
>>71034146
>sound is good
Subjectively by liking a band you say that their sound is good. That's a non-argument. I like taste of MacDonald's. Does it mean it's good overall?
>they don't sound the same
Can you provide some examples and why you feel they don't sound same-ish?
>If they were to experiment they'd probably go down the shitter in the eyes of their fans
Of course they would,fans of a certain stylistic doesn't like change. That's pretty normal and standard. See - Black Sabbath's Dio period.
>like every other band that changes from its original stuff
Really, really broad generalization.
>>
>>71034796
Plus, fans aren't a most objective source of opinions, just so you know
>>
>>71034796
It sounds good because they consistently good and catchy riffs with melodic singing. They changed their sound and style on each album, just look at the difference between The Sickness and their last two albums, they sound way different, but both styles are still interesting in their own right and their own era. Disturbed is probably the best nu-metal band out there.
>>
>>71034930
>Disturbed is probably the best nu-metal band out there.
Family Force 5 is probably the best crunkcore album out there.
>>
File: TRUUUUUUUST.jpg (55KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
TRUUUUUUUST.jpg
55KB, 700x483px
>>71034930
>Disturbed is probably the best nu-metal band out there
>>
>>71034930
Again, provide evidence that they doesn't sound the same each and every single album. Additionally, I have to advise you that nu-metal or whatever isn't it's own bubble, it is in a world of different sounding releases plus an array of other genres in metal. Should I actually believe that this band can be classified as "solid" when there is a multiple of genres that are far better in providing a special and interesting sound?
Also, best nu-metal ain't the best award out there, let's be reasonable.
>>
>>71034039
I feel the same way about a lot of nu-metal bands. Linkin Park, Korn, Disturbed and Slipknot are easy to dismiss as edgy meme bands but they all managed to have a recognizable sound, be edgy but not to the point of alienating a mass audience, put out a consistent level of quality and tour extensively.
>>
>>71035103
It's hard to dismiss such a thing if you build your persona around it. Same with Simple Plan or Limb Bizkit, really. Their act defined them. And their older fans or teenage audience is making this much worse.
Also, Deftones did it right guys.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
YUH MUH NUH MUH NUH MUH
>>
>>71034039
I'll bite
The thing about Disturbed IMO is that it sounds too metal for normies and too pop for metalheads. Plus the edginess drives away those who consider themselves mature and patricians
>>
>>71035254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gSvNeqevg
>>
>>71034039
I've never listened through a whole Disturbed album. I like some of their bigger tracks though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.