[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp. I bought a Korg Taktile instead of a Korg Triton Taktile,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: korg keyboard 1.jpg (125KB, 1600x697px) Image search: [Google]
korg keyboard 1.jpg
125KB, 1600x697px
Welp. I bought a Korg Taktile instead of a Korg Triton Taktile, which means I have a MIDI keyboard with no built in sound.

How do I use a synthesiser? I barely know what MIDI is. As I understand it, a box is connected to the MIDI keyboard, and this box is connected to a speaker, and then sound happens when the keyboard is played.

Can someone recommend a make-sound-happen box?
>>
File: scanners.jpg (33KB, 585x327px) Image search: [Google]
scanners.jpg
33KB, 585x327px
>>71023426
>>
connect it to your computer and use it with a daw
>>
synthesis is expensive
>>71023484
just do this
>>
>>71023426
Get Reaper

Get some free VSTs

Use your MIDI controller
>>
>>71023426
Download Ableton illegally
Download FM8 vst illegally
Download Serum vst illegally
Download Massive vst illegally
Plug midid controller into laptop

Now you have thousands of sounds to play with
>>
>>71023426
Damn should've got the triton, dem gliding squares tho
>>
>>71023819
If he had an analog synth he would have infinitely many sounds to play with as opposed to only thousands
>>
>>71023862
ya dingus
>>
>>71023862
>>71023887
I think I'd prefer an analogue synth, mainly because I want to keep it separate from the computer.

Basically what I wanted was a 49 key digital piano, but my best bet for heavy keys and portability was the Korg Triton Taktile. I was OK with using headphones on it instead of having an in-built speaker.

This complicates things, but not very much. My goal is a mystery box that produces piano-like sounds.
>>
>>71023975
so dl a fricken piano emulating vst, there are tons of them.
>>
>>71023997
I do not want to drag my laptop around with my keyboard. I'd prefer a small box.
>>
>How do I use a synthesiser? I barely know what MIDI is

Nigga you fucked up.
That being said there are a lot of resources on free VSTi's and how to program midi controllers.
I won't give recommendations because Google exists and I'm tired of telling people what midi is. Protip though, if you have actually purchased a midi keyboard then you're 50% of the way to making good sounds.
>>
>>71024067
Can you direct me to a small box that makes piano noises?

I keep looking at reviews of small boxes but all they do is fuck around with the knobs and the ribbon band and never plug them into a keyboard. So it's very difficult to guess what they are supposed to be or do.
>>
>>71023426
Get a USB midi input. Connect it to your computer.
>>
>>71024113
>all they do is fuck around with the knobs and the ribbon band
Sounds like you've been looking at the monotribe

If you're just looking for something that makes piano noises then you have 3 choices: download a piano vsti, buy a piano, or buy an electric piano. I'd recommend finding a piano vsti and/or sample library that suits you since you already have a midi controller (this is something that's really up to your own research, protip: google is your friend)
electric pianos are the go-to 'make-sound-happen-box' for piano sounds but they are a full keyboard and will therefore lose you money.
>>
File: 9681720_800.jpg (46KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
9681720_800.jpg
46KB, 601x600px
>>71024180
OK
So what's this pianobox miditech boxlike object
What's its deal
>>
>>71024273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3D01WmbFHg

i think it will do what you want
>>
>>71024066
Then get a piano app on your phone and plug that shit into your phone
>>
the proper term for a box of the design you described is "midi sound module"

they can be really simple like the pianobox miditech you posted or really complex and expensive synths and organ mods, drum machines also.

a cheap one is gonna sound like garbage, unless thats all you need a computer and DAW is going to be loads better

also your midi controller has tons of sweet pads and faders and knobs that a PC can take full advantage of. or a more expensive midi module and a lot of time to program your midi parameters.

basically you spent too much on a midi controller if you intend to use a cheapo midi sound module like pianobox

really the only benefit to not using a computer in your setup is a very slightly lower latency between key press and sound feedback.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.