[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just heard this album and thought it was great. What's your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Horizons.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Horizons.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
Just heard this album and thought it was great. What's your opinion, /mu/? Also general album rate thread
>>
i remember listening to this album my freshmen year of high school because epitaph records' site wasn't on any blocked list
>>
>>71023172
>high school metalcore -core
>>
>>71023172
I wouldnt place it anywhere near being their best but its still a good album. One of the few bands from the whole 'core' scene I'll willingly listen to
>>
File: folder.jpg (133KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
133KB, 700x700px
i enjoyed the (few) melodeath parts but i didn't think it was anything special, there's better stuff in a similar style, pic related

>>71023200
>mature music for mature metal conisseurs such as myself
>>
>>71023268
>One of the few bands from the whole 'core' scene I'll willingly listen to
I like Parkway Drive but don't listen to much metal. Can you give me a breakdown of their scene?
>>
Boneyards has some of the fucking best breakdowns ever, and Carrion is still a fucking jam.

Parkway Drive are one of the best live bands ever, so if you get a chance go see them.
>>
>>71023733
yeah nah I dont know alot about the history of metalcore/deathcore so on and so forth but I could give a simple rundown of why parkway has, to me, split apart from the rest and I've found enjoyable.

alot of it has to do with the blend of post-hardcore and metalcore bands in recent years who have played a bit too heavily in the whole "everyone hates me/kill myself" sorta shit and beyond that have very cookie cutter sounds and styles (See; northlane and amity affliction to keep with australian references) whereas above all else I've noticed parkway over the albums have kept a nice pace of changing their sounds while keeping to familiar roots + and while this isnt the case everytime they've upped to using songs as a platform to voice things like environmental issues and social changes. Where many other mainstream bands under the 'core' umbrella have found their edgy scene appeal and pump out the same shit because kids keep buying it.
I imagine this isnt well to read but im frankly tired as fuck so I havent proof read through or anything. If someone has more knowledge on metalcore's history please chime in to help
>>
>>71023733
As Blood Runs Black
Arsonists Get All the Girls
Bring Me the Horizon
Job for a Cowboy
Dr. Acula and Winds of Plague were some of my favorite.
Some stuff I listened to back when the scene was a thing. I saw Arsonists live once, shit was lit. I haven't listened to them since high school and started checking other stuff out.
>>
It's as good as high school metalcore gets

They're pretty wild live too
>>
>Skiptracing - Mild High Club
9/10
Excellent album. An evolutionary sound transposing from their initial, very Mac Demarco inspired music. Spouts a unique sound with an excellent range in styles. Excellent chill out or roadtrip music.
>>
File: skiptracing.jpg (228KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
skiptracing.jpg
228KB, 455x455px
>>71025526
Forgot album cover
>>
>>71025441
can attest they are still really good live. saw them last year
>>
>>71023172
Don't listen to the rest of their catalog
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.